Anyone else having issues with Australia Post? Particularly international shipping..

My International orders used to take 8-10 business days but the past month have taken over a month. Some have not even turned up. I have had to refund countless orders.

My items are shipped without tracking internationally for $2.95. If I pay for tracking it goes up to $28.50 which is not doable. I have called Australia Post a number of times but because I don't have tracking they will offer no assistance.

Anyone else notice International postage delays??
Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Anyone else having issues with Australia Post? Particularly international shipping..

I have one missing delivery that was going to Israel. Aust Post informs me that there are very lengthy delays in Israeli post ..........

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Re: Anyone else having issues with Australia Post? Particularly international shipping..

Hi Starwood, it's possible. I don't usually post to Israel only because of potential delays in their system (like Canada), which may result in me having to refund or receive a negative review.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

That's interesting, it costs me $8 to send games (to Europe), and $18 if they absolutely must go as a parcel due to the size or being over 250g.
Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

Pdme_dolls for years my orders have reached USA, UK and Europe in under 10 business days but since mid April it's like all my customers have just stopped receiving orders.

It's beyond a coincidence as the customers affected are in the US, UK, Germany, Italy, France and Spain. I have called Australian customs as well as HMRC and they have both assured me that this is a carrier issue not a customs issue.

After countless conversations to Aus Post no one wants to admit a problem but there clearly is one!
Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Transport-posters I didn't want to blame AP as they have been reliable for so long, but I am getting missing orders in the US, UK, Germany, Italy, France and Spain.

It's too coincidental that all these countries are suddenly having carrier problems since mid April. I feel like it must be Aus Post.

I sell in much larger volumes on Amazon and have had to refund and resend over 60 orders just this week. For the customers that have requested replacements rather than refunds I have paid the extra $28.50 to cover tracking for their new order as I don't want the same thing to happen. This has cost me thousands of dollars already. Do you mean if a customers order goes missing that you charge them extra for tracking the next time? I have always felt it was my responsibility to ensure the order reaches the customer safely, but interesting you say that, perhaps I am too harsh on myself.

You can look the customs declaration number up!? Wow after all these years I had no idea!! Wish I wrote down the numbers now!!
Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Starwood2111 you are the first person who seems to be experiencing similar problems to me!!! What is going on!?

As my orders are sent with $2.95 stamps there is unfortunately no way of tracking the at all ๐Ÿ˜ž It goes up to $28.50 if I want to track or sig on delivery which is not possible with the value of my items.

Are you continuing to send overseas? My complaints have got so bad that I have had to shut down everything!
Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Cushion covers I always say 10-15 business days too but these orders are taking 30+ business days and some are not arriving at all.

Glad to hear it hasn't affected you. Hope it stays that way!
Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Starwood that's no coincidence. Selling platforms such as EBay, Amazon etc take into account seller performance and reliability in their algorithm.

A seller who has better feedback, no cases against them etc will have listings that naturally show higher in the algorithm and then naturally are more visible to customers.

Open cases will affect your placement.
Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Same boat as you jodles and in fact my Amazon defect has gone over 1% which puts my account at risk so I had to change my handling time to over 10 days to give a much longer buffer.... Also I just started filling out those customs declaration forms and bringing it to the post office everyday for the last few weeks to see if it improves the situation or not . Wasn't doing the forms before as they seemed to be fine...

So I am guessing something has changed internationally (most from the US)
Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

Jodies, it seems anything I posted in the second half of April is where the problem seems to be. I am continuing to ship but paying the $5 extra for a signature. Some of my cases have now resolved and I haven't had any new ones in the last 2 days so hopefully its getting better.

As I said open missing delivery report with AP and then at least you get something to follow up with. They often can't help much but at least they are trying to help when I call

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply