Anyone sick of the rip off fees these ebay charges. I for one am extremely **bleep** off.

I've just finished trying to sell some stuff on ebay. Never again. These robbers have  taken about 25% of my sales. Get rich on ebay? more like get ripped. They claim to only take 9.9% of the sale. Then they want 9.9% of what the postage costs. All for doing nothing.

I will no longer support ebay by selling or purchasing anything.

BG 

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Anyone sick of the rip off fees these ebay charges. I for one am extremely **bleep** off.

I calculate my complete selling bill as under 16% after deducting the cost of any new goods), that includes fvfs, Paypal fees and store fees. I'd like to know where else I could offer my goods to so many people with a profit margin of over 84%.

Do feel free to try another selling venue, most who do soon come back to ebay though.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

I want to know how to emulate your margin!!!!!!

Respect!!!!!

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

That 84% is your gross profit margin, not nett. Try deducting the cost of your stock and your other operating expenses and then we'll see what your actual profit margin really is.
Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

It's true fees are high - BUT - if you offer free postage and put the cost of postage in your items then you save on fees - plus listing is free at present - I make a comfortable living with ebay...
Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

You do realise that eBay charge FVF on postage, don't you? It makes absolutely no difference whether you include the postage in your item price or charge for it separately, you're still paying 9.9% FVF on the entire sale amount, regardless.
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

OP i agree !!!

Lol this thread has gone funny route with all manner of incredible claims 🙂 🙂 🙂
Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Seems to be an awful lot of that going on lately.

Pity the evidence doesn't support their claims.
Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Been quite a while since I sold something instead of just buying. When I got my final bill I was astounded that Ebay had the total cheek to take a percentage off the shipping as well. they give you a free listing which used to be cheap and now slug you with this.

How is this in anyway legal to take a part of the postage cost as a fee.

Ebay grew big due in most part from the small Mum & Dad small sellers who wanted to clear out their unwanted stuff ( as planned by Omar originally) - now they are just to big and to greedy with FVF, postal fee and also the Paypal fee on top. They might be big now but they can soon crash and burn in todays climate and seems to me all they want to be is an upmarket Amazon.

I will no longer sell on here after this experience and with the cost of shipping to include tracking etc and postal companies bumping up charges on mail order parcels to recover their losses on snail mail they are all killing the Golden Goose that lays the eggs.

I am contatcting the ACCC to see if these postage fees are totally legal as this is a cost I bear or the buyer in most cases and nothing whatsoever to do with Ebay greed.

Goodbye Ebay as a seller.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

There were plenty of people who already contacted the ACCC when the changes were implemented in May. They said eBay were not breaking any rules. 

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply