Apparently Ebay has put a hold on my funds in Pay pal. Is this correct?

td74
Community Member

Can someone please help me. I have just sold on Ebay. The funds are pending in Paypal. Apparently this is from Ebay? Is this correct?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

New sellers have their funds placed on hold for 21 days I think it is. This is a safety feature to prevent scammers opening new accounts, selling lots of stuff and then disappearing without delivering anything. Once positive feedback has been left or tracking shows the item is delivered you can request to have your funds released. Once you have a certain number of successful sales, ebay no longer hold your funds, releasing payment immediately. 

Its a bit of a pain for new sellers who need the money to mail the items or are selling stuff to raise funds for an urgent need etc. but not much you can do about it.

edit - with the $2000 + rolex watches you have sold, you can see why ebay would do this. If you dont deliver them, you wont get any money from ebay.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

OP isn't new, but doesn't seem to have sold anything for over a year.

Which would be why the hold is in place.

Edited for fat fingers.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Which would be whty the hold is in place.

Two times Rolex watches for over $2000 each. Same photo used on each one. Is that alarm bells I hear ringing in the distance ? One of the highest risk areas  for potential scammers.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

Which would be whty the hold is in place.

Two times Rolex watches for over $2000 each. One of the highest risk areas  for potential scammers.

Both ways.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

As an aside, I hope you cancelled the first sale of the Rolex to get a fee credit or completed an unpaid item case.

Unless of course you had 2 identical of those.

image host
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

The second sale appears to be for the same watch which sold to an OS buyer. Possibly a scammer. OP has a second auction under way for a different Rolex with over $2000 in bids already. Its a bit of a mine fiend to start selling Rolex watches as your first sales. Better to start with a few low value items until you get a feel for ebay. Also a way to build up a few sales as seller and get your funds released quicker.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

OP had quite a few sales over a year ago.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Is this your own account you are selling on now?

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Has it occurred to anyone that the OP could be the scammer? Not happy that they can't take the money and run? When buyers don't receive the watches, they can open a dispute to get their money back, and the scam seller can't run off with the funds.

Not sold for over a year, on a low feedback account, hijacked? Interesting that both auctions had a 1 feedback buyer, bidding prolifically. Shilling?

Let me guess, we won't hear back from the OP.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply