Are my auction photo's not up to quality requirements?

I am now getting email warnings about my auction photographs on all listings that have no bid and can be updated:

"Listings that do not meet our photo quality requirements:"

Generally if I am listing and something is too small I get the warning during the listing process - this has only ever applied to snapshot photographs - which I try not to over-enlarge as it may mislead the buyer if the buyer thinks the photograph is much larger than it is, even though I include measurements in the auction description, but I have always corrected when the waring comes up.

At the moment, as far as I know all of my listings are well over the minimum size requirements, so is Ebay deeming that because I show the edges of all items (which I consider a very important condition aspect for the buyer on used / antique paper items) that I am putting a border around my images against Ebay rules. I also include my images in the description field of my auctions as some get crunched down by Ebay's system.

Which part of the new standards am I missing that are making my auction photo's fail to meet quality requirements?

Kind Regards,  Kevin

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cq_tech
Community Member
It's nothing to do with quality Kevin, but quantity. You're getting those warnings because you're only providing one image per listing. I do realise there's no point putting up any more than one for items such as yours, but eBay don't, hence the warnings, which are automatically posted by a bot because it's only detecting one image for the listing.

I get exactly the same warning on one of my items simply because there's absolutely no point putting up any more than the one image. You can safely ignore those warning though, as nothing will happen if you do. I've been ignoring them for a year or more and I'm still here. 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

cq_tech
Community Member
It's nothing to do with quality Kevin, but quantity. You're getting those warnings because you're only providing one image per listing. I do realise there's no point putting up any more than one for items such as yours, but eBay don't, hence the warnings, which are automatically posted by a bot because it's only detecting one image for the listing.

I get exactly the same warning on one of my items simply because there's absolutely no point putting up any more than the one image. You can safely ignore those warning though, as nothing will happen if you do. I've been ignoring them for a year or more and I'm still here. 🙂
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Thank you CQ,

A couple of weeks ago I started get more basic requests to upgrade my pictures in MyEbay, but when I followed the link it was about the number of pictures.

Now I am getting the email warnings (tonight's was the second) that "Listings that do not meet our photo quality requirements:", which did concern me, but when I followed the link from the email it took me to the same type of upgrade page, but this one did not give any details of what upgrades were required.

Oh well, if they kick me off for failing to comply with the rules, I can go back to running live auctions.

Thank you for help, Kevin

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

I also have items that really only need one photo, and have been getting the same warnings.  Maybe I'm borderline OCD or something but ignoring them doesn't do it for me, the sight of those little prompting messages just eats away at me.  I found the easiest thing to do is to upload the same pic twice (can't really take credit for it, I saw someone else had done it in their listings), then they leave you alone.  Now if I could only get rid of the prompt that tells me to leave feedback for a NPB that I can't leave feedback for anyway, I'd be a happy little obsessive!

Cheers,

Penny
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

U can always bloat eBay by putting up 3 identical photos (I might try than myself) to overcome the emails or put a border around the photo to change it slightly, etc.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

No, don't do that! Borders are verboten according to the image guidelines.

Just spam your listing with 3 or 4 identical photographs & that should keep 'em quiet.
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Hi there "found",

Here are some ideas

1 - show the size of your object by including a coin (If Australia only), a coke tin, or better still a ruler in cm and inches.

2 - avoid borders by rotating your object 30 degrees.

3 - Add extra photos by showing top half and bottom half as well as full piece.

Best wishes

Robert

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

@found-in-australia wrote:
Thank you CQ,

A couple of weeks ago I started get more basic requests to upgrade my pictures in MyEbay, but when I followed the link it was about the number of pictures.

Now I am getting the email warnings (tonight's was the second) that "Listings that do not meet our photo quality requirements:", which did concern me, but when I followed the link from the email it took me to the same type of upgrade page, but this one did not give any details of what upgrades were required.

Oh well, if they kick me off for failing to comply with the rules, I can go back to running live auctions.

Thank you for help, Kevin

If you are getting a warning about the photo requirements then you have to make sure you photos are 500 pixels on the lomgest side. This new policy came in some time ago now. we have all had to make changes to our pictures. You only need one picture to comply though.

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/selling-on-ebay/pictures

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

HBH, we're getting these warning from eBay because the items we're selling only require 1 photograph, yet they want us to put up more, which is completely pointless. Some things are clearly better handled by real people rather than bots that wouldn't have a clue.
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

That is not what the Op is saying at all. besides 99%of my 600+listings only have one picture and I'm not getting any warnings that I need to change them.
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply