Are selling promotions ever going to come back @ebayau?

dh_5346
Community Member

I’m referring to final value fee promotions like this: https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/c2c-crm-ksa-1003043https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/c2c...

This whole year I have not gotten any I’m certain eBay hasn’t made any. They got rid of the gumtree promotion so there hasn’t been a decent promotion in months! Has eBay forgotten? Or are they cashing in with everyone’s FVFS that they don’t want to do promotions anymore? That being said, there seems to be more coupons for buying on eBay lately.

If only they would bring some selling promotions back 😞 Hopefully they will notice this, it would be greatly appreciated for them to do some, even if they’re small.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Are selling promotions ever going to come back @ebayau?

i've received multiple FVF promotions for the main categories i sell in - collectables / trading cards. a lot of them were for new listings in those categories over a short period of time.

also, more recently i've had promotions regarding sharing specific listings to social media and if items sell through those links, the FVF is next-to-nothing. 

i haven't gotten any "promoted listing" credit offers which i used to get a lot of. to be honest though, most of the promotions i do get offered, i don't save much on anyway. 

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

so any listings are a profit to them

If listings are free and there are no FVF, where is eBay making money on those listings?

There were certainly plenty of sellers who only listed when fee free promos where on.

Not much in it for eBay, and their required profit comes from higher fees for regular sellers.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Yep, and now that eBay only wants regular sellers, they don’t run the promotions that attract occasional sellers anymore.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

i revamp my promotions every few days atm as they have made so many stupid changes every time they do this the promotions just flat line they also have changed the page views how can a page have 48 views when it has had 230 sales and when you pull up your listing below it is 20 google adds selling the same thing from outsides companies   (when a clown moves into the castle he doesnt become king the castle becomes a circus )  

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply