Argh....fed up with Non Paying Bidders And Time Wasters 😡

And the list goes on and on and on......

5 Non Payers out of 7 in the last month and waiting on No.6 (will open a dispute tomorrow)

Sick of the lame excuses or no contact....argh!

"I didn't realise it was pick up only, I'm interstate"

"I bid on this without realising I bid on something else, and my dad is sick in hospital"

"I bid on this and it's the wrong size"

Another asked to cancel the transaction the next day, but lucky for me I'd already posted the item!

Blocks are in place, but that obviously doesn't stop non payers unless they're on the special list.

annoying thing is that by the time you waste 8 days with disputes, other potential interested buyers have bought elsewhere!

Rant over!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

The most stringent auto blocks you can set up are two or more strikes within the past 12 months.
I've seen people thinking 6 months or 1 month is tighter is the reason I say this.
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Make sure you have your blocks set up to block people with unpaid strikes. Since I have done that my non payers has dropped to almost zero. When I checked my blocked report it says it stopped 14 people with to many strikes from buying in the last month. 

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

It is a good idea to check your listings now and again too, on a few occasions I have found when doing a sell similar that it has reverted to strikes in one month instead of 12. On checking all listings find that a lot of them are the same and have to change them back to 12 months.

I am nearly at the end of my 'season' and have actually had far fewer non payers than other years, only one across all 3 ids, plenty of late payers and about a half dozen who I have had to open a dispute with but all in all a good session for me.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

If you mostly only get one bid, try listing as BIN then you can select Requires Immediate Payment. (No more non payers)

That also means you can have each listing for 30 days giving you more freebies each month.

Also many buyers bid, then because it's 4,5 or 7 days later when an auction finishes, they have often forgotten or don't want it anymore. So BIN's can elievate those problems.

image host
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I've never actually checked that since this setting is in your global site preferences.

As such I thought it applied equally to all active listings rather on a one by one basis.

I better do some checking then.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I'm guessing it's due to the setting having been changed with active listings and it doesn't auto apply.

Also possible that templates haven't reset with new instructions/changes.

image host
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Sounds as bad as Gumtree.

I listed a children's toy and received about 10 "Is it still available?" messages.  To each and every one of them I said yes and asked when they would like to come and get it.  Only 1 person out of those 10 responded back with anything.  Still unsold!

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Yes but at least your listings are still active there, unlike on ebay.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Seconding what kopes has said above, this was one of my biggest pet peeves when running auctions. As of January this year, I switched all my listings to Buy-It-Now. Sales have gone up too since those browsing can purchase what they want instantly rather than having to contend with waiting for a listing to end and possibly being outbid.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply