As seller's are we just supposed to just accept these kinds of things?

Postage Return Label Cost

Dear ebay customer,

As you know, under your return policy, you have agreed to pay for the cost of return postage when a buyer returns an item purchased at your store. eBay usually adds these return postage costs to your monthly invoice, as per the Terms of Use for the eBay Return Label Service.

Unfortunately, eBay has detected an error which means that these return postage costs have not been added to your invoices for return costs incurred From February to September 2019.

We wanted to let you know that these costs will now be added to your next invoice.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us here

The eBay Team

Lovely.

They also just recently altered the Ebay Plus membership (no so no more +postage waived on Ebay plus eligible items for buyer's or seller's) with out any notice to its member's

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Surely you haven't had to many items returned?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

interesting logic...

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

If the charges are legitimate and have not previously been passed on, then I don't think there is much that can be done, except to double check the charges against previous invoices.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

it's probably not a lot of money for you but, if i get a couple a week (which happens now and then), that's still a lot of money as I'm losing the original postage as well as being charged for the return.

two or three a week could amount to over $60 in postage lost.

For change of mind, I believe the buyer should still be paying return costs regardless of the ebay plus membership - or ebay should cover it as part of the features of the program (a benefit to the seller - as Ebay plus benefits for seller's are a bit of a mystery to me)

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I got this too. Just checked Jan's invoice though and there's nothing there. Mine would only be one or two anyway, but I can't see it on my invoice, so who knows??
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

The benefits of ebay plus to sellers would be that you'd (possibly) sell more because buyers would prefer to buy items that are listed as ebay plus than those that aren't.

I thought buyers still had to pay return costs for change of mind returns, but if you do free postage that may complicate matters. I never have any returns so I don't really know the ins and outs of it.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply