Auction Insertion Fee

I think It is a bit too unfair to pay auction insertion fee of $1.50 with starting price 0.99- then selling it for this  ammount and pay final fee as well.This is just with no logic .Auction should be not have insertion fee for sure.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Auction Insertion Fee

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

All sellers get a certain number of Free Listings.....just stay within your limit and you will not have to pay a listing fee.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Auction Insertion Fee

I agree, I think its very unfair that store subscribers have to pay $1.50 for auctions (unless listing collectables).

IMO eBay are also remiss in continuing to promote that sellers start their auctions at .99c when this can frequently result in a loss, even it it sellers get a bid at the starting price.

OP the lessons are to never start an auction for less than you would happy to receive for the item and use auctions that you pay for, only those items you are confident will generate interest. 

Also watch out for the eBay freebies for listing - there was recently 100 auctions or buy-it-nows given to everyone including store subscribers.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Auction Insertion Fee

The 500 early this month were for everybody.

The 100 over this weekend were the normal ones. ie not availabe to storeholders.

OP - don't do auctions. You have a store and stores are for BINs.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Auction Insertion Fee

Depends on a range of factors as to the value auctions are for each seller, including the markets a seller is in. 

For me, auctions work well on this ID, I get sales, I get increased traffic overall. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Auction Insertion Fee

I only list auctions on my store id if there are freebies on offer, I have different ids for listing in auction format and for BIN with BO.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply