Auction v Fixed Listing?

I am interested to hear from people who list fixed price for 30 days

and how they get on when it comes to page position with this type of listing?

Does having Top Rated Seller make any difference with fixed price listings for 30 days for page positioning?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Auction v Fixed Listing?

We use GTC (good til cancelled) on all our fixed price listings.

We are also TRS and have implemented ALL the ebay recommendations for these kind of listings.

We were unable to notice any change in our search rankings by being TRS or implementing all their recommended changes.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I never search for my own items so am blissfully unaware of where they are in searches and I go in and out of TRS all the time as I only sell for six months of the year but my sell through rate stays the same.

I never sell in auction format on my shop id unless there is a free auction promotion, I have another id for selling used items as auctions.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I don't search for my own items either, but I do see them occasionally if I'm searching for a similar thing. I'm selling off a lot of my smaller ammonite fossils to buy bigger ones and when I search, I see mine come up sometimes.

I only search by time ending soonest and rarely lowest price/postage, never best match, so wouldn't have a clue where they come up on that. I don't really care. People find my stuff if they want it.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply