Aus Post online customs form

I am looking at using the Aus Post online customs declaration form for sending a current order overseas (tracked).

My PO says that they print out the declaration on their side when I lodge the parcel.

The form asks for my email address, which is fine for confirmation purposes, BUT I do not want it displayed for the buyer and everyone who handles the parcel along the chain to see.

Does anyone know if providing your email address on the declaration will also mean it gets printed when I lodge the parcel at the PO? Or is the email address purely used for confirmation purposes?

If it does display on the printout, I'll just keep doing the regular customs form manually as it does not require my email address.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I don’t know jelly, but don’t you have an ‘eBay only’ email address? 
or….

create a new one, just for overseas use. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

I don't know if this is helpful. I use AP My Business account to create and pay for my International shipping Customs Declaration forms. However because I find it easier I do not "Import from eBay" but fill in the form myself. The only information it has about me (pre-filled) is my name and my address (in case the parcel needs to be returned). The name and address come from my AP Account. Then I pay for the shipping cost,  print off the completed form, attach it to my parcel and take it to the PO where they just scan the barcode and give me a receipt for tracking confirmation. HOWEVER if you choose to import the order direct from eBay it is possible that your email address will be pre-filled - there is a space for it on the Customs form, also your phone number. You could I suppose simply delete that field - it is obviously not necessary, as it is blank on all my forms.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply