Aus Post sending various parcels to the wrong state!

I know Aus Post can be sometimes slow but they are usually reliable but for some strange reason all 6 parcels i have posted out on the 7th of march have been sent to the wrong state despite being scanned in at the post office to the correct address.

Looks like they may have had a problem reading the barcode at the scanning facility depots but i'm amazed posties don't read the addresses when delivering the items as they all hand written in black texter and surely they would see its the wrong street let alone wrong address.

Well looks ill be having to refund all 6 buyers, 1 has been confirmed lost in transit and aus post shall refund me lets hope the rest miraculously turn up!

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Aus Post sending various parcels to the wrong state!

Sorry to hear about your problem.  It sure looks like someone had a bad day at sorting.

Hopefully AP will get it all sorted for you.  So pleased it was AP and not the other option or I sure wouldn't feel too comfortable.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

I once sent an X/L satchel to Melbourne (I am in Adelaide) ....it went via Perth & was stuck there for 3 days.....good job it was a repeat buyer & we had a laugh about the tracking details.

She got it in the end, but the litany of errors was quite alarming.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

I as a buyer in Melbourne had a parcel going through 3 states (QLD --> NSW --> VIC then back and forth between NSW and VIC) 14 times with hundreds of lines in tracking, then eventually got stuck and became "lost". Seller refunded me, issued a lost item case to AusPost then they found the Parcel and sent it back to her.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

omg....and they think bots will eventually take over the world.....they had better get smart!

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

And beware of  APs  auto measuring system.   Sent an item 370g, declared as 400g.  Got a notice claiming item weighed  1.58kg  and alledged cubic charged at  5, something kg, with a claim  for underpaid postage

of $12.25.

Luckily I had an additional identical item and was able to dispute the claim, and AP were able to verify that the item had passed through two separate measuring systems, but only triggered underpaid once.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Same here, parcel going Melb to Melb, went via QLD.  When I queried this and every other time this has happened, AP state that it was a mis-scanning issue.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Who can forget the days of postage ping pong between Chullora and Sunshine West? Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. I've had parcels having way better holidays than I've ever had!

Thankfully when that happens, if you contact AP, they do send a human in to retrieve the parcel and get it on its merry way to wherever it's going.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

One of my sold items played postage ping pong between Vic and Qld recently, until I realised the local PO had typed my postcode instead of recipient's for tracking. Aus Post sent a human and got it sorted. Now I always check the PO receipt before leaving the PO.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

The frustating part is that it is hard to talk to a person at aus post, calling the number just leads you to the bot who then says your parcel is on its way there is nothing else that we can do.

This is what happens when you have scanners reading barcode labels on parcels instead of humans dismissing the scanner and actually looking at the address written on the parcel.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply