Aussie Mobile store - Anyone know if their still around

dual110
Community Member

Hi,

Purchased Sony Experia Sola from Aussie Mobile store with 2 year warranty back in Decemeber 2012 and screen has failed, Sony will only honour the 12 months and said I need to contact retailer for the remaining 12 months however have had no reply from there email and phone number is disconnected, any know if there still around?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Aussie Mobile store - Anyone know if their still around

I`d be letting Nokia know you have been trying to contact them, and they seem to have closed down. If the phone came with a 2 year warranty, then Nokia are obliged to fix/replace it regardless of where you bought it from (if its a manufacturing fault)

On the other hand, if the phone came with a 12 month warranty, and Aussie Mobiles gave an extra 12 month extended warranty, then you might be out of pocket sorry to say, Nokia is under no obligation to honour the extra 12 months.

Having said that, give Nokia the story of how you and your family have ALWAYS had Nokia`s and you`ve never experienced any problems with them, and with so many great deals around with companies offering iPhones for next to nothing, it would be a tragedy for them to lose such a loyal customer (along with others) for the sake of a few dollars worth of repairs to the phone.

They will more than likely come around to your way of thinking 🙂

As for Aussie Mobiles, yes I believe they were sold, then closed down

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

timinex
Community Member

Hi here in Australia we have consumer guarantees (sererate from a warranty) which state that a product must last a reasonable amount of time and 1 year for an expensive electronic device is not a reasonable amount of time. Get back to sony and remind them of your consumer guarantee or you will inform the ACCC. I have had a 3 year old LG tv, that only had a 1 year warranty fixed with no problems once i told them of the consumer guarantee. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

jensdesk
Community Member

Hi there

I was also looking for a Sony Xperia phone today and the Aussie Mobile Store is still selling them with a 2 year warranty.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply