Aust Post Saturday opening

Sellers should be aware that some Aust Post offices are open on Saturday now.... the only issue is that there is no postal pick up on Saturdays at some post offices.  

This means;

that if you send an item say express on Saturday it will still not go until the Monday and be delivered Tuesday

I am unsure if the eBay system will change the est time for delivery if this is the case making delivery times very inaccurate.

Lindy
Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Aust Post Saturday opening

I know some people don't have internet access at home but the idea of queueing up in the PO to pay a bill is very strange to me, when it can be done from home in a minute or two on the net or  by phone banking.

Ausralia Post is not struggling with parcel post, that is increasing. It is letters that are decreasing by huge amounts every year and that makes that service unprofitable.

The PO I go to gets lots of passport applications, which need to be checked and requests for passport photos to be taken.. that really slows up the queue. AP would get commision from doing them.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

there are 4 near me and they been open for years on saturdays.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

My little PO in the back streets has extended trading hours (6.30am-6pm) and is also open Sat mornings. It's always been that way since I've lived here (16 years). The extended trading hours are to help the shiftworkers out and a lot do take advantage of those hours. It's very rare the line is long there. Even if it is, you don't wait more than a few minutes to be served. They don't do passports and they don't deliver large parcels, only small ones. They accept large parcels being sent, but anything large being delivered goes to the main PO in the CBD.

The main PO in the CBD, it's a nightmare. It's slow and the lines are usually out the door. Not to mention parking is a nightmare. At least the one in the back street, there is plenty of parking. The staff there are a lot more friendly and will go that extra mile if you need to know something.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply