Australia Post Boxes and Hot Weather = Oven.

Hi

This is my first post but I wanted to remind everyone that the red/yellow post boxes in the street are metal and become very hot during this heatwave and become an oven. Your item or sachel may melt / damage - especially DVDs or Games and your buyer may not be happy when they recieve the item.

During this heatwave I recommend posting directly at the post office or later in the afternoon as collection is usually around 5-6pm

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Australia Post Boxes and Hot Weather = Oven.

On Sundays there is a mail clearance across the country.That is designed to provide mail for Monday deliveries locally and to start interstate mail on its journey. The large mail exchanges all operate to provide the service,

It happens on aboy 42 sundays each year.

On a few occasions each year when there is a public holiday on a Monday there are no local deliveries. therefore the mail boxes are not emptied on Sunday as the mail woudl only clog the sorting centres and mail exchanges and not be sorted until Monday night. when there will be another collection.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

clarry, read the explanation in my last reply to see why post boxes are not emptied on sundays when Monday is a public holiday.

My brain hurts too much to type it out again.

surely you do not need a website to explain this simple matter.

If they collect mail and do not deliver it the sorting areas get full. And if you do another collection the overflow so they save money and do it a day later.

It is a bit like making an omellette. You do not crack the eggs until the pan is hot !!!!!!!!!

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

It's stated on the red box that mail is cleared
Sunday to Friday by 6pm.
No further information about when there is a public holiday.
What an disorganized public institute.
Such ignorance.
Waste of public MONEY
Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

The second last post was over 4 years ago so this thread is an old post that should've been locked:

Old post.png

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply