Australia Post Not Delivering

Has anyone else been affected by Australia Post not delivering to people's doors and instead expecting them to go to a Post Office and collect? I've had a little parcel non-delivered to my door from an eBay seller eventhough I'm available all day for taking it. I've also witnessed two customers complaining at my own Post Office about them having to go to the Post Office to collect the item eventhough they too were home all day.

What is going on? Is this some new policy with Australia Post? Is eBay a part of this poor delivery service outcome? Are we now going to get negative feedbacks for inconveniencing buyers who expect delivery to their door when it is included in their purchase? Does Amazon permit this shoddy form of fake delivery?

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Australia Post Not Delivering

It appears that your beef is with Australia Post so why are you complaining on the ebay boards.  Have you checked if your neighbours are having the same problems.....maybe you all need to complain to your local post office about the service from your postman.

I have no problems at all with Australia Post.....a great parcel contractor who has been delivering to me for over 20 years and a new postie who is so far proving to be very reliable.

Message 21 of 43
Latest reply

Give it a rest.

You are obviously illinformed.

For starters if you fail to collect, you won't be covered by eBay's buyer protection, so you will lose the item and your money. Not smart. Besides, AP don't care about a very small minority who have problems with their service.

Message 22 of 43
Latest reply

................party list ????

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 23 of 43
Latest reply

I'm with you waddington. I'm not going to the post office to pick up parcels any more either. I've had enough. 

Perhaps the cost of delivering the parcels back to the sender and then getting complaints from the sender as well as the reciever might make them change their ways. Only way to get Australia Post to lift it's pathetic game is to make sure that if they don't, that it costs them as much money as possible. 

They clearly do it to save money. Only when they realise that it doesn't, and it in fact is costing them more than delivering in the first place would, will it stop.

Nothing else so far has. 

Message 24 of 43
Latest reply

Your comment is, at most charitable, your personal opinion.
I have rarely had a problem with any couriers.
Only once did a courier not attempt delivery and take the parcel back to the depot, about 133km away. After being instructed to redeliver, they did.
Message 25 of 43
Latest reply

Small minority?   lol

The internet is full of complaints about them and there are even a number of dedicated websites just on the topic of Australia Post's poor and ever worsening performance.  Here is a link to just one of them...... https://au.trustpilot.com/review/community.auspost.com.au

Message 26 of 43
Latest reply

I suggest you read the boards before posting any more nonsense.

Couriers get far more complaints here than Australia Post and your decision to refuse to pick up from the PO when your parcel is carded will ultimately cost you far more than it costs Australia Post.

You would probably be better off going to the shops rather than shopping online.

Message 27 of 43
Latest reply

Perhaps people in the cities have a different experience, but in regional areas like mine, couriers perform much better than Australia Post. 

Your suggestion that we go to the shops is just as silly as your other comments. The reason country people use Ebay and other online sellers is because the things they need are not available from any of their local shops, if indeed they even have any shops. We depend on the internet along with reliable deleivery for our everyday requirements. 

Message 28 of 43
Latest reply

I replied on here because when I Googled "Australia Post Not Delivering", Google found this thread, as well as many others on other websites. Main reason I responded to this one is that many of my online purchases are done on Ebay, so that makes it appropriate to participate here and to see what others are saying about how they are dealing with this ongoing problem.

You say you are getting good service for 20 years.
You are very lucky. I too had fantastic service from Australia Post until about the second half of last year. The contractor we currently have is the third in that ten year period since I moved here, and was always fantastic. So here it's not a new contractor that is the problem. It is obviously a growing problem with Australia Post's practices, which is easily proven by the enormous number of search results relating to the growing number of complaints in recent years. There are also many newspaper articles and TV news/current affair type segments about the problem also. Unless we unite and all speak out to get something done, nothing will change. Pretending everything is OK won't fix it, no matter how much you might think so.

Message 29 of 43
Latest reply

@flyingeric62 wrote:

We depend on the internet along with reliable deleivery for our everyday requirements. 

As do I.   I am partially disabled and have not entered a shop for many years.

Unless I want to rely on friends and family for everything I have to buy online.

Despite many years in the courier industry myself and 2 family members still in the industry I know that AP is still the most reliable delivery method.

If this is not what happens in you area then I can understand your annoyance, but it is not a good idea to try to get sellers to change everything for you.   There are probably a lot more buyers happy with AP than couriers.

Message 30 of 43
Latest reply