Australia Post Price Hikes

24 REPLIES 24

here's the chart from the April 2016 post charges book:

DSCN9628.JPG

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Oh, that's not too bad.  I was expecting the basic $7.45 service to go over $8.  An extra 15 cents is okay.

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

Australia Post put up the parcel rate a couple of years ago citing 'rising petrol prices' as the reason. However having seen on the TV last night that petrol prices are now the lowest they've been in 12 years, I was expecting parcel rates to decrease accordingly!

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

Australia Post contractors have a petrol allowance built into their contract....not the full amount of a litre of fuel but they are not going to take any less....AP is still legally bound to pay that allowance.

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

My postcode is listed there. I have 2 PO's in town. One delivers on the east side, the other the west side. I've had parcels going to both sides, so sounds like my PO has been a bit norty with the ones they will deliver. I haven't had a local one for awhile, but will certainly be onto them next time if it's the same side of town. Given that my parcels nearly always come in under 500g, that's a significant saving.

Thanks for the pic. I did wonder in the local deliveries why anything would be going by air! A helicopter from one side of town to the other?

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

Carrier pidgeon me thinks.
Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

Rising petrol prices. What a pity the only thing they drive that uses petrol is the postie bike. Even the Transit vans from the 90s (or late 80s?) were diesel models (the old Bedford CFs certainly weren't, they had the same old red 6 you'd find in a Kingswood).
Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I'm wondering what "local country parcels" are?

I believe a local country parcel is one sent within the same regional zone ie Q3 to Q3

The 50km discount rate is a good one, especially if you live near a zone boundary line.

You'll need to be careful with LPO's though as often they refuse to acknowledge this rate.

(even some PO's are a bit vague about it - I had to tell mine)

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

@billexploited wrote:

Needless to say...

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/pricing-updates.html

Only small increases for local stuff but a good whack for international.

It seems that most businesses these days, not just AP, rely on price rises to increase profitability and show growth.

Building volume is pretty much in the too hard basket for most.

This is how they justify their fat bonuses and executive pay rises ... the lazy way!

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply