Australia Post Van driver unloading parcels at home ???

Saw a strange one today. ( Saturday ) An Australia Post van pulled up at a private residence in our street, with the roller door up, unloading boxes into the garage. I could see one wall of the garage was stacked with boxes & parcels small and large. ( and nothing else ) The house is not currently occupied. I know there could be a thousand plausable reasons. Maybe he is moving in ????  ( No furniture to be seen anywhere though ) . Maybe it is just boxes of junk from his own garage and hes using the other garage as storage ?????  It did seem a little strange though and maybe I,m getting paranoid, but the van driver sure gave me the eyeball as I went past. ( It could have been something to do with me staring at what he was doing ) .

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Australia Post Van driver unloading parcels at home ???

99% of todays parcel vans are in fact contactors which aussie post dont own and contactors are paid by the parcel delivered not a wage or set amount. im sure if so called postie was doing somthing  untowards then he would do it under the cover of darkness not broad daylight one would think...

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Agree with diecast.  Most couriers are subcontractors (including AP couriers) who own their vehicles, which are badged by the companies they sub-contract to.  They are quite free to use the vehicles for their own use and can even earn extra money if they want to unless it is expressly forbidden by their contracts.

Who is to say that the person was not doing a job for someone else?   I would be more suspicious if he was doing it under cover of darkness, not in brooad daylight.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Some good news.  There is a car in the driveway today and lights on last night. Looks like the AP driver was doing some removal work on the weekend.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply