Australia Post delaying items - 2 weeks for intrastate delivery?!?!

Is anyone else having problems with Australia Post lately? I am being inundated with "where's my CD?" messages from customers. Deliveries that used to arrive in a day or 2 are now taking 2 weeks or more, even in Victoria or metro Melbourne. Their standards dropping seemed to coincide with their price rises.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Australia Post delaying items - 2 weeks for intrastate delivery?!?!

yes.....I'm in Adelaide.....Qld destination is giving me the most problems.....items being sent via Chullora sorting Centre in NSW......god help us
Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

There are two more threads about this on the Selling Board.  Write to Australia Post to let them know.  I have also written to the Ombudsman given the lack of explaination from Aus Post.

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

I'm in Adelaide also.  Have an item missing since 3 October.  Sent standard mail with a Priority Stamp attached.  Contacted Aus Post and with no tracking they will not investigate.  Just logged a complaint.  Might as well have banged my head against a brick wall.  Another one sent the same day also to Qld arrived without issue.  But one sent to Vic took two weeks.

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

Yes definately a lot more slow deliveries and even lost items. Some interstate (not NSW) taking up to 3 weeks standard post. Very inconsistant as some items are still showing up in 1 or 2 days as well.

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

I'm getting about 10-20 messages a day from customers asking where their item is and I feel so unprofessional when I have to put blame on Australia post. It would of been better if we were told in advanced delivery times would be extended and I would of prepared for it.

Also just now a customer messaged us that they received their items after I refunded them last week. I admire their honesty but not many people out there will do this. At the moment it feels like half my orders within the last few weeks are given away for free.
Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

Yes, I am also in Adelaide.

A lot of mail, mostly that sent by Registered or tracked, is taking up to two weeks from SA to Victoria, and has been for the last few months. I always send standard mail items with 50c priority sticker attached.

I thought Registered items went Priority Mail with no need to attach 50c sticker if sent by Registered mail.

This does not seem to be the case, Registered mail is very slow.

This slow delivery time is a pathetic state of affairs and very alarming to a mail order dealer who sells a lot to Victoria.

Christmas mail order shopping will be a nightmare for sellers and buyers this year, if this keeps up.

Australia Post. A supposedly Public Service enterprise, yet the CEO get about 8 times the PM's salary.

If the CEO gets 8 times the PMs salary, what do you think the next 10 under him are on?

A public service institution that seems to have been thoroughly tapped by a bunch of parasites, whilst service goes right out the window.

Whilst they don't even cancel millions of dollars of stamps people send on their mail, that is then re used by the secondary stamp postage market for "unused" postage stamps.

I wouldn't care what the CEO and his lackeys got paid, if they could just run an efficient, speedy, mail service, which is VITAL to mail order sellers like us...

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

My local post master said registered post is the slowest method of all. Each time I ask for it he just shakes his head and asks why. Why? Because I want tracking and the item isn't valuable enough to send at parcel rate. The last item I sent registered arrived with the buyer in WA 3 days after I sent it in rural NSW, so I think I got lucky with that one!

Mail of any kind can take 3 weeks to get to Victoria. No idea why. I send the Vic buyers a message saying that postage to their location is often quite slow so not to panic if it hasn't arrived by the estimate.

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

It seems I may be one of the lucky ones....for now, anyway.

I'm in Adelaide, and send 100-150 large letters a week, only a fraction of which are registered, but all have priority stickers, and I've only had one INR in recent times, which was actually moderately suspect (the buyer's behaviour was, I mean). (Anything over 250g that I want tracking on goes as a parcel, since a registered, priority letter at that weight is minimum $8.70, if the reg. labels are bought in bulk). 

A lot of my orders go to VIC an QLD, too, but the only thing I would do any differently than to other sellers is - at the end of the day - purely cosmetic and certainly wouldn't influence AP delivery times. 

My local PO staff have told me that there are two services head office want to get rid of entirely - letters, and paying bills (in store, that is - one of the reasons they campaigned so much to get people using My Post was because they want as many people as possible paying their bills via that facility rather than in store, because that way they still get the commission without the expense incurred). 

But, obviously, letters is of primary concern here.... If I didn't know better (and hey, maybe I don't 😄 ) I'd say it seems like they resent still having to accept and deliver them so are deliberately stuffing things around - they would know that a high percentage of large letter mail is business mail, and a high percentage of large letter business mail contains products purchased online, so what better way to get sellers using their "more profitable" parcel service than to make the alternative unviable, by any means necessary. Might sound a bit out there, but I have zero trust in corporate AP's ethics these days. 

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

I think the priority stamp saved you. I only just started using them for all my posting now
Message 10 of 31
Latest reply