Australia Post economy post option problems

Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™m not alone in this, but would like to get other sellers feedback ๐Ÿ˜Š
International buyers pay for economy post even though this is not an option at the post office..
I have been going through the painful process of online chats with eBay representatives who have so far, credited my account with the ( $5 per item postage difference. ) Today it was 4 items.... and nearly an hour of trying to explain the same problem with an eBay Australia representative... who wanted to know who told me โ€œthisโ€ and โ€œthat.....โ€
I have been told different things from them, from;
โ€ขinform your buyers to pay the difference
โ€ข itโ€™s an AusPost synch problem
โ€ข put the postage difference on the initial selling price
โ€ข your credit was a one-off goodwill gesture
I feel like itโ€™s a problem that is not being looked into...

Thoughts or similar experiences?
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I would think it is up to you, to have your listings postage options and charges updated, to reflect the current options and charges available.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Simple.  Don't sell overseas.

There's no planes going anywhere anyway.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Actually there are a lot more flights than AusPost would have your beleive.

United have 2 flights Sydney/USA daily.  Air NZ also have 2 flights NZ/USA daily.

In addition all of the courier companies have added more flights.

Seriously, if AusPost were genuine about delivering airmail in a timely manner to USA then they could work in conjuction with Qantas to put on the flights. 

Geez - if NZ can justify 2 flights a day to/from USA (1 x LAX & 1 x SFO) t then surely can QAN do the same?

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I now only offer express international, if available, dropping Standard with tracking. Surprisingly, many buyers are prepared to accept the additional cost. Others are still prepared to accept the sea mail only option, whilst paying for the aforesaid Standard or higher,which may involve a partial refund ie Israel.

The sad thing is the refunds I am issuing to countries where all services are suspended eg South Africa.

I suggest you treat each customer on a one to one basis and charge Standard, if they will accept long delays or sea mail. Or the expensive options, if available and the customer is prepared to pay for it. Write to them and explain what is possible and what time it will take. It is a bit time consuming but customers appreciate it. I now have several pro forma messages sent to explain things like delays and service options, whilst offering cancellation, if it is all too much. 

Keeping the international sales going is important, the difference between a living wage and the dole.

Double Australia Post delivery estimates.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Yep, rip the guts out of some perfectly good (multi million $$) passenger aircraft, so they can run freight only for a couple of months.

Somehow I dont think the economics stacks up.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

seats.jpg

Seats removed from a passenger jet for cargo use by air canada.

I believe Virgins planes lack the correct cargo size doors to be suitable for conversion.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Why would QANTAS want to convert passenger aircraft when they have plenty of cargo planes which they have used for years to deliver AP mail?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@porcelain_dolls_by_me wrote:

Actually there are a lot more flights than AusPost would have your beleive.

United have 2 flights Sydney/USA daily.  Air NZ also have 2 flights NZ/USA daily.

In addition all of the courier companies have added more flights.

Seriously, if AusPost were genuine about delivering airmail in a timely manner to USA then they could work in conjuction with Qantas to put on the flights. 

Geez - if NZ can justify 2 flights a day to/from USA (1 x LAX & 1 x SFO) t then surely can QAN do the same?

Apparently passenger planes go to more places than freight planes

This article contains info about the difficulties in moving freight

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/coronavirus-aviation-why-is-air-cargo-grounded-when-the-world...

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply