Australia Post lost item

Can EBay items be sent by any other method than Australia Post they are so unhelpful whe an item is lost has taken ages to get them to send a postal note to me so I can refund the customer

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Australia Post lost item

A postal note ?

Sorry not sure what that is.

As a seller you can send by whatever means you like, however, unless your items are mostly outside the AP weights and cubes for normal delivery, they are usually the best way to go.

A lot of seller/buyers do not like courier/freight company's, but I always had to send via alternative transport as my items were too large or too heavy to post, and I had a contract with a logistics company at the time.

In addition, if a parcel was lost and POD could not be provided, I would refund/resend immediately and fight it out later with the carrier.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Australia Post lost item

you would need to contact the seller prior to purchase and ask if they will use an alternative delivery method.

however, you would need to be willing to pay extra to get that alternative.

it gets down to value of item as to wether your going to spend extra, the more expensive the item the more options.

basic postage has no tracking

tracking costs extra

then there is insurance, also extra.

there is never a gaurantee mail wont get lost.

ive bought and sold a lot on ebay and only had a couple of cheap items from china actually never turn up and i got full refunds for those. i use australia post for all my deliveries when selling an 'touch wood' had no troubles. all my items have tracking.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Australia Post lost item

oops, sorry, thought i was on the buying page...duh

sellers can use whatever method they prefer but buyers bight not like to use other than australia post.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Australia Post lost item

You should refund your customer before Aust Post provide you with any refund.

That is good customer service. Don't make the buyer wait.

If you are sending letters with no tracking then I don't know of any other service that will carry them.

If you are sending parcels then there are quite a few other options available for you to choose from.

Others will be able to advise better than I as we use mainly large letter, no tracking.

Just keep in mind tho that Aust Post deliver to evey address in Australia (unless they lose it).

Private couriers etc may be limited to losing delivering stuff in capital cities only.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Australia Post lost item

gronk2
Community Member

Please do try another method than Australia Post I've been waiting almost 2 weeks for a small item coming by registered post from the State next to mine Air nail still not arrived.

there are far better services out there that do deliver!!

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Australia Post lost item

@lizjune2 wrote:

Can EBay items be sent by any other method than Australia Post they are so unhelpful whe an item is lost has taken ages to get them to send a postal note to me so I can refund the customer

I take that to mean a money order.

My tips for getting them moving in no particular order:

- post tardiness issue on their facebook page

- get an estimated time frame for each step of the process

- request that your case is escalated to the escalation team (be polite, but insistant)

- lodge an online written complaint

- review their terms and conditions - guarantees etc etc so you can refer to these when you need to

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply