Australia Post making me wait 5 weeks before investigating

bmanly3
Community Member

Hi, I got a delayed registered post article. I posted it on 4th May Sydney to Sydney and it is still delayed. First I waited the 1 week before lodging an online investigation, then they pushed it out until 31 May before doing anything more. Then today another message saying that I should contact them on the 8th of June if it hasn't arrived, that will be 5 weeks after posting.

So my question is what is the best way to refund to the buyer without getting a negative? Simplest easiest way, thank you.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Australia Post making me wait 5 weeks before investigating

I find that contacting Aus Post on their FB page instead of lodging a case results in a much, much faster response - usually within 24 hours.

Why refund the buyer at this point - it's barely 3 weeks since posting. If the buyer hasn't raised a concern, don't poke the bear!

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Just to clarify - I meant to say that you should send them a (friendly) private message, not actually write on their news feed.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Hi jelly, the reason I actually followed up on this is because I am going away for quite a while and have stopped selling so just want to clear the deck so to speak. So I lodged the missing article enquiry because I need to be ready for the buyer saying, INR I want a refund. At least by contacting Aust Post I have electronic comms and I can show the buyer when he contacts me. So that is why I asked how to close and refund without getting a unwarranted negative.

Some time ago I myself did not receive a item and when I contacted the seller I got no comms back but I did get a full refund. When I went to leave feedback I couldn't get that option so I was wondering how do I do this.

By the way, 3 weeks for a local delivery, that is a terrible long time. Usually only WA rural gets that long.

With facebook I don't have an account in my own name so things won't match up. Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

As jellybird stated - social media usually gets a quicker response from them. I noticed you said you don't have Facebook - but do you have twitter by any chance? I contact them on Twitter all the time and usually get a response in under 24 hours. 

If you don't have one (a twitter account) - it might be worth creating one just to deal with this. If you have a case number - you can give it to them and they usually look into it.

5 weeks is definitely way too long - especially in a same state metro area. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply