Australia Post parcel price rise from 5 September 2022

Summary:

Effective from 5 September 2022, we will be applying the following weighted average increases to the price of the products and services set out below:

• 4.5% for Domestic Parcel services
  • 4.8% for International Parcel services
  • 3.5% for International Letter services
  • 3.0% for Unaddressed Mail services and
  • 2.5% - 2.9% for some Prepaid Letter products

Full post:

https://view.email.auspost.com.au/?qs=8339622e16983f00e46fce32da5a0c7b4408bf9210c595a97355ad929131b4...

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

pnc75
Community Member

You are kidding me! Highway robbery. 

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Jerks!

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

One thing you can be certain of each year is that taxes will rise, house prices will likely go up, the world will get weirder, and Australia Post will raise prices. 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

The difference this year is that they're doing us in September, rather than the usual October.

And the rises are in line with inflation, thus adding to inflation.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I may be wrong but I honestly don't remember a year in which they did not raise their prices. I had major issues with AP where I believe an employee was stealing our items (to the tune of $8k+), but thankfully we insure all our items on that account and suspect they have now fired the person responsible. But when I called the ombudsman to get some input they said that AP were 'losing' a lot of items recently and a lot of sellers suspect the 'contractors'. 

So it seems a little off that yet again they are raising prices with all the **bleep** that they have served up over the past two years+. Admittedly there have been unprecedented demands and challenges but you would think they would at least for one year, just wear the decrease in profits. But as we know of course, shareholders rule. 

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

balloons-burst(laie).gifAustralia Post van

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Surely this is no surprise to regular sellers?

Happens twice a year, they have reviews and increases usually in April and Oct.

Does vary as to which service gets the increase but does happen.  

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Hi I have spoken to Australia Post over the phone, gone into my local post office and also contacted Aust post via their chat.  Am I understanding this correctly that a standard large letter up to 125 grams will now go from $2.20 to $3.55 same stage up to 50 grams, interstate $4.00 and anything from 50 till 100 grams will also go from $2.20 to $4.60 same stage and interstate $5.30.  I use my own envelopes so not pre paid and I use my own stamps. I am just confused and not sure if what I am reading is correct because I can't really get a straight answer from Aust post.  Thank you for any help much appreciated.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Sorry not stage but State

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply