Australia Post tracking labels

izasz-15
Community Member

I have recently purchased these tracking labels and I was just wondering if I can use them on letters with stamps on them as well?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No.  

cq_tech wrote: ‎01-02-2015 09:28 AM

They're genuine but are for use by businesses only who send their own parcels in bulk, and normally cost (I think) $150 for a roll of 100. They cannot be used for letters, only parcels, and as all parcels have tracking anyway, using them kind of defeats the purpose. I also have to wonder why they're being sold so cheaply, and suspect they may have been stolen from somebody's place of employment.

Somebody recently sent me a large letter with one attached so I enquired at the PO about them, as I'd never seen them before either, and thought they'd be perfect for me as most of my stuff is sent via large letter, but I was told that they can't be used for that purpose, so you might as well save your money.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Use domestic letters with tracking if you want tracking on letter-sized packages (link below) - these are actually given out for free by Aus Post and are strictly for parcel-post where tracking numbers aren't automatically assigned through a label creation process (eg some businesses create their own postage labels for parcels). 

They can be just voided when on an ineligible package, or an underpaid mail notice will be sent. 

Aus Post tracked letters

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Eventually you will receive a 'cease and desist' letter from Australia Post, followed by Underpaid Postage cards in your letter box.  Australia Post has cracked down on the use of these outdated labels with 14 digit tracking numbers.

eBay are also validating Australia Post tracking numbers when entered against an order.

You want a tracking service - pay for it.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply