Australian wishing to list on ebay USA...will not accept my Australian post code, any ideas?

Hello All,

I am based in Australia I have some items I am attempting to list on ebay USA.  However, my listing cannot be submitted, I receive the error message that my Zip Code is incorrect and to "Please Enter a Valid Value"

So I take it that I CANNOT list on ebay USA?  Is this correct?

Sadly, the terms and conditions that I have read are totally incomprehensible.  Any ideas most appreciated. 

Thanks and regards,

Carl.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Australian wishing to list on ebay USA...will not accept my Australian post code, any ideas?

Yes you can list there, you sould be prompted to sign an international agreement once signed into ebay.com

I don't get that error when creating a listing, where exactly are you seeing it? Have you looked at add/remove options?

Photobucket
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Australian wishing to list on ebay USA...will not accept my Australian post code, any ideas?

Thanks for the reply.  I regularly sell on ebay USA BUT have a fixed price for shipping.  No problem.  In fact I have an item scheduled to go up tonight.

The problem is for an item I am attempting to list that weighs 15kg.  I have applied the weight (Converted to pounds) and updated my shipping preferences however my ZIP CODE is continually rejected as per the original message.

The most infuriating aspect of this whole episde is the very clunky platform.  For all the money ebay are making it really is inexcuseable.  Let me give you an example.  Despite the fact it is asking for my ZIP CODE which ebay USA rejects, once I get to that screen, the "Save" option is lost.  In other words,  I now have the screen open, but unless I get the ZIP CODE field sorted, I cannot save the listing for later amendments.  Sigh.

Any ideas, It's really giving me the **bleep**s, but I appreciate your reply.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Live Help is my answer, sorry ๐Ÿ˜ž

Or put in a known zip code and then revise?

Photobucket
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Additionally, you are going to be charged the final value on the postage anyway so you could just do free postage.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

LOL, thanks Donna, I simply swore profusely at the screen and closed the page!

The issue with free postage on my parcel is that the freight costs $385 for a $1,000 item to the USA.  On my fixed freight items, it's 200 grams, so i just make an all up cost for international, easy.

Thanks anyway.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

PS, I did try a multiple of ZIP codes, all rejected, including putting my old address in when I lived in CA!

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

There is no way you can use calculated postage if you are not using one of the US services, you will have to add a fixed price postage in US$ or include the item cost and have free post.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you!

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

hi what about adding 'contact seller ' for postage option as some sellers here do ? if thats possible over there?? ..

good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply