Auto relist for non business, option not available in Review Your Listing page.

oldermedia
Community Member

I have been trying to sort this out with Ebay support for almost 4 weeks and I am getting no response from them - so I hope someone here may be able to throw some light on to it.

It took me a while once getting into selling a number of things in recent months, to realise I should be able to set an item to auto relist if it did not sell and without it coming off my free listing allocation for the month. The tick box option is supposed to be on the Review Your Listing page, just before it is acutally listed.

Problem is - it is just simply not there!!! I have tried all sorts of ways of listing, manual relisting and totally new item, but I cannot find a tick box and according to the Ebay help files it should be there and for a non business user.

I managed to speak with a support person (gave up on the chat option in disscust) and he seemed to agree it was a problem with my account, but the only explanation he could suggest was that it had something to do with 2 other "connected" accounts, 1 in my wifes name and 1 old account no longer used in my name. Apparently there was some sort of cross interference going on.

Personally the explanations and lack of response have me bamboozaled. I could delete the old account and/or look into using Selling Manager, but I would prefer to find some reasonable explanation first bfore I jump in - anyone who can help, please???

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Is your wife's account or your old account a business account? I know quite a few people ticked the option to make it business when setting it up not realising the implications. If you are absolutely, positively sure that neither of those 2 accounts are business accounts, try clearing out your browser cache. That can often help.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Sorry for slow reply, I needed to try some things.

What you said dropped a clue, so I went back to check account types. My main Ebay account is registered as Business and my own older account was registered as neither as was my wifes account also.

I have changed the registration on my older account to Individual and listed something under this as a test. The upshot is that under my business account I cannot auto relist - but under my individual account I can!!! Seems the question is answered, I assumed the same option would be available either way - but of course the Ebay help file DOES say it is an option available to a non business registration (I guess I kinda interperetated that as Shop vs other).

BTW, since the older registrations mentioned above were neither individual or business, am I correct in thinking that there was a time when there was not such classifications???

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

I have just got off the phone with eBay phone support, and was told that the auto relist option is no longer available to Power Sellers. I have asked for email confirmation of this and was told they would send me something. 

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

@jayanesse wrote:

I have just got off the phone with eBay phone support, and was told that the auto relist option is no longer available to Power Sellers. I have asked for email confirmation of this and was told they would send me something. 

I just listed something to check because I am a powerseller and the 3 free relist box was there and pre ticked as always. I would be interested in the email they send you and their reasons for it.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

There is a policy somewhere on this site that explains the criteria for auto relists quite clearly - 

ggggrrrr can't find it tonight - but definatly saw it over the weekend,

The cut off for non business sellers accessing the auto relists is $$$ sales based, but can't recall the number, sorry

has anyone got the link ??

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

This one?

It says your relisting ability is based on your transactions and sales.... but no explanation as to what exactly

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

This is the reply I just got emailed to me from eBay CS, the final point being the important one.....

I understand that you want to use auto relist and you wanna know more about it don't worry i will provide the information needed. When you relist your item automatically. Your item is relisted up to three times if it doesn't sell. (It won't be relisted automatically if the buyer didn't pay, you cancel the transaction or you end the listing early. In these situations, you can relist the item manually.) Each time your item is relisted, the duration of the listing will be the same as the prior listing period for that item.
You can revise your listing at any time during the relisting period. Our rules on revising listings apply. Learn more about restrictions on revising listings.
After the first insertion fee for the listing, you aren't charged additional insertion fees for the relisted item. You'll also only be charged once for any listing upgrades you select.
Aside from the initial listing, automatically relisted items don't count toward your monthly free listing entitlement. (For example, if you list an item and it automatically relists three times, it counts as one free listing.) Learn more about free listing entitlements. If you set up your item to relist automatically, you'll only be charged once for any feature fees.
Auto-relist is only available in SYI or Webnext.
Auto-relist is only available to non-business new, occasional or regular sellers.
Auto-relist is not available to business sellers on eBay.com.au.
Auto-relisting will not use up any of the sellerโ€™s monthly free listing entitlement.
The seller will only pay the initial insertion fee and any feature fees (subtitle) once.
Some categories may be excluded.
The seller will still need to pay FVF if the item sells.
Threshold is more than 100 sales or $12k in sales in 12 months

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

No, thats not it, though thats the one all the links lead to.

Definately another blurb that explains it clearly.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

How do i tell if im using SYI or Webnext or whatever else?

I have a very old account and I have noticed several differences between this account and a new one I use.

I have NEVER had access to the auto relist button (yes I meet all the requirements). I dont have any visible seller limits (confirmed with CS), nor can I see any. The look of the seller section of Ebay is completely different between the two accounts.

I dont usually relist because it seems to move items further and further down the search list each time an item is relisted (I do a new sell item each time), but, it might come in handy when Im feeling lazy.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply