Automatic Relisting Until Sold

Now that I have been upgraded as a seller I no longer have the option to relist up to 8 times for free. That's a nuisance but I can live with it. I would like to know whether I can set the Automaticall Relist Items Until Sold rule to be the default (i.e. for all my listings to have that rule as a default). At present I have to remember to apply the rule to my new listings in bulk after I have listed them. If I forget the cease to be active after a week.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

If you mostly only get one bid on items, then list as fixed price and forget about auctions.

They will auto relist until cancelled and sellers get so many freebies under the new system anyway.

Many buyers don't want to wait until an auction ends also.

image host
Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

I cosidered listing as fixed price but every so often there is a bidding war and the final price is higher than the starting price. I also get a fair number of buyers who pay the Buy It Now price, which is 30% higher than the starting price. I would be quite happy if Automatically Relist Until Sold was the default so that I didn't have to bulk edit all my new listings every time I listed a lot of stuff.

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Perhaps list at the current BIN and  offer a discount for multiple purchases which will bring them down closer to the auction start price. However you may sell more items that way.

image host
Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

What do you mean you've been upgraded as a seller?

If you're only a small seller, turn off "rules" and "business polices". For small sellers, they can make your life a misery. Best thing I ever did.

I now have full control of my accounts. The auctions automatically relist 8 times. The BIN items automatically roll over each month if they haven't sold. Given that seller's who are on managed payments get 250,000 free listings a month, I certainly don't give a hoot about having to bulk relist items that didn't sell at auction for the last 2 months. 

If you are "assigning rules" turn them off and you assign your own rules manually. It doesn't take much effort in the listing.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

When I contacted eBay I learned that I had been upgraded as a seller and, as a result, had lost access to the automatically relist up to 8 times option. As a result, if I don't apply the update until sold rule my listings end after the first listing period. I would be reasonably happy if I could have the rule as a default so that I didn't have to manually apply it. I would have preferred to not have been upgraded as a seller as the benefits don't make up for the extra labour required.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

I still don't understand what you mean by being "upgraded as a seller". You're either a seller or you're not. Any of this automated stuff I turned off a long time ago, so "rules" are not in my existence. I think you probably should have a look through your settings and turn off anything like postage policies, business policies and anything that applies to "rules".

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

For years I was a Power Seller, now I have been upgraded to Top Seller. Whilst I lost the option to Relist up to Eight Times for free, Being a Top Seller means that, amongst other things, I get 10% off my final value fees and get an ion next to my name. If I list something it remains listed for one auction period (in my case 7 days) then becomes unsold. If I don't apply that rule I still don't get the 8 times option. eBay support explained it to me. Apparently the 8 times option is for new sellers and once one has listed a lot of stuff the option disappears.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Top rated seller means jack these days. It shows under your username on your feedback page, that 95% of buyers never click on, so never ever see. The icons haven't been beside your name for years, nor has the power seller icon. As for the 10% discount, that is a US thing and has never applied to Australian sellers for being a TRS. I've actually sold way more since losing TRS status. I don't sell as much as I used to, because I don't list as much but I still have constant sales.

I have been selling for years, and still have the 8 free relists. I'm guessing you asked a CS person and they told you it's for new sellers only. They have been saying that for at least the last 15 years that I've been selling. Yet, I still get them. Go figure.

Going from a Power Seller to a TRS is actually a downgrade, so I probably wouldn't be puffing my chest out about that. 

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Just to set the record straight, I wasn't puffing out my chest at becoming a Top Seller, I have no interest in my selling status on eBay. eBay shows me as a Top Seller so I assumed I must have been a Power Seller previously. A consultant on Live Chat told me that Top Sellers do have the option to relist up to 8 times, but I certainly don't. Unfortunately Live Chat died before we had completed our conversation.

I have been selling for eleven years and have listed and sold literally thousands of CDs and records but it is only now that I have been upgraded (apparently). I agree that any positives assosciated with the higher grading are vastly outweighed by the negatives. I have an extensive and complicated set of spreadsheets to track my performance but they all assumed that my listings would automatically be unlisted after a set period.

I will next try ringing the eBay help number.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply