Automation rules - do I have to set them individually for each item I list>

I recently discovered that I had lost my 8 free relistings option. I eventually learned that i had been moved to a higher level of Seller and, as a consequence, lost the 8 free relistings option. This is a big negative for me as it means that I have to manually unlist items which have been relisted 8 times and adjust my spreadsheets accordingly.  I would like to know whether I have to apply the automatically relist until sold rule to each item I list or whether the rule automatically applies to all items I list in future.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If most of your item only get one bid, you are probably better off to list as BIN (good til cancelled) and they will automatically renew.

And now that we get so many free listings under the new system.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

You may have a point. I am more likely to get a single bid than multiple bids and buyers wouldn't have to wait until the auction ends to create an order. I guess the trick is to guess which items are most likely to get multiple bids.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

The trick is to decide that auctions are a small percentage of eBay listings, that they are only really relevant to items with no history and that everything else probably has a ballpark figure as to what it is likely to sell for.

I sell books. I realised about a decade ago that BIN at a ballpark price was more likely to get a sale than an auction starting at the ballpark price. My minimum, so why bother with auctions, especially when these days I get 250k per month with BIN.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply