Autumn 2019 Seller Update

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/SU19-1/Autumn-2019-Seller-Update

Category changes - again.....starting in June

Category and Classification Updates

We've made category updates to provide a more intuitive buying, selling, and search experience on eBay. Category updates including new additions, removals, merging and the renaming of categories.

If you have a listing in an affected category, we'll automatically move your listing to the most relevant category. The updated categories include:

• Books, Magazines
  • Business
  • Collectables
  • Electronics
  • Food & Drink
  • Home & Garden
  • Home Appliances
  • Industrial
  • Pet Supplies
  • Phones & Accessories
  • Sporting Goods

When tring to download (as suggested) a detailed view of the category changes, this is what I get:

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/sites/default/files/CatUpdates2019.xlsx

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think if you try a new link it works okay - but the download is in excel and I don't have excel

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/category-updates

What You Need to Do

1. Download a detailed view of the category changes and see if any of the changes affect your listings.  
  2. If you create listings using variations, be sure to download the full list of categories that support this type of listing.

View solution in original post

Message 31 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Good Til’ Cancelled Update
Starting 1 July, 2019, we’ll be changing the renewal schedule for Good ‘Til Cancelled listings from every 30 days to one renewal per calendar month. The exact day of the month that the renewals will take place will depend on the initial listing start date. If a listing has run continuously since it was created, the initial listing start date is the day of the month it was created.

If a listing has been ended and then relisted by you, the initial listing start date is the day of the month that it was last relisted manually or through a tool.

For example:

If the initial listing start date was on the 1st to 28th of a month, it will now always renew on the same day.
If the initial listing start date was the 29th, 30th or 31st of a month, the exact duration will be adjusted in shorter months, but move back to the original day in all longer months.
Starting 1st July 2019, we’ll also migrate all existing Good ‘Til Cancelled listings to this new schedule. With a monthly renewal schedule, this will make it easier for you to manage your monthly expenses. This also aligns with monthly billing cycles and monthly promotions.

Find out more about listing durations and timings.
Message 2 of 44
Latest reply

just got off 'live chat'

this is their response:

Thank you for waiting. There is a system maintenance going on. We apologize for the inconvenience. You may try the link in 24 hours to see the updates.
Message 3 of 44
Latest reply

So will we be able to see when they're going to roll over in the 'Time Left' column? or is there going to be more subterfuge?

Message 4 of 44
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/SU19-1/Autumn-2019-Seller-Update

Category changes - again.....starting in June

Category and Classification Updates

We've made category updates to provide a more intuitive buying, selling, and search experience on eBay. Category updates including new additions, removals, merging and the renaming of categories.

If you have a listing in an affected category, we'll automatically move your listing to the most relevant category. The updated categories include:

• Books, Magazines
  • Business
  • Collectables
  • Electronics
  • Food & Drink
  • Home & Garden
  • Home Appliances
  • Industrial
  • Pet Supplies
  • Phones & Accessories
  • Sporting Goods

When tring to download (as suggested) a detailed view of the category changes, this is what I get:

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/sites/default/files/CatUpdates2019.xlsx

Maybe they plan to align book categories with publisher data?

The didn't manage that earlier so I doubt it will happen now.

Probably just stuff things up further.

Message 5 of 44
Latest reply

I know I am heartily sick of my 70s and 80s fiction coming up as audio books, which probably weren't around then and certainly didn't have the ISBNs of the real book attached.

If they fix that, that will be a plus. I suspect they will try to fit books that have had multiple editions/publishers into a one size fits all, though. I doubt many of eBay's staff have ever read a real book. Or can read, even.

Message 6 of 44
Latest reply

Why do they keep changing things - a book is a book -it is not a table or chair or no longer a tree - it is a book - plain and simple, It really doesn't need a change in caterogory.

Message 7 of 44
Latest reply

Additionally, sellers that use Best Offer will be given access to Auto-Negotiation, a new feature that will automatically respond with a counter-offer when a buyer’s submission falls below the seller’s lowest price parameter.

eek!

Message 8 of 44
Latest reply

Accurate Postage Location
At eBay, estimated delivery time is based on the item’s location and the shipping service chosen. When these do not match, the buyer gets an inaccurate delivery estimate and are often confused when the item arrives from a different country.

To create a fair marketplace for all, sellers are required to select a postal option that matches the item’s location. Sellers are no longer able to create new listings or revise listings where the item location and postal service don’t match. In addition, from June, Good Til’ Cancelled Listings that have a mismatch between the item location and postal service, will be ended when these listings are renewed.

It’s important for sellers to accurately state the location of their items so that buyers can use eBay’s search filters to correctly select listings based on location. When this doesn’t happen, it creates an unfair marketplace for sellers and a disappointing experience for buyers.

Read more about our Item Location Misrepresentation Policy.
Message 9 of 44
Latest reply

Link still not working for category changes, commencing June (sigh)
Message 10 of 44
Latest reply