Autumn 2019 Seller Update

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/SU19-1/Autumn-2019-Seller-Update

Category changes - again.....starting in June

Category and Classification Updates

We've made category updates to provide a more intuitive buying, selling, and search experience on eBay. Category updates including new additions, removals, merging and the renaming of categories.

If you have a listing in an affected category, we'll automatically move your listing to the most relevant category. The updated categories include:

• Books, Magazines
  • Business
  • Collectables
  • Electronics
  • Food & Drink
  • Home & Garden
  • Home Appliances
  • Industrial
  • Pet Supplies
  • Phones & Accessories
  • Sporting Goods

When tring to download (as suggested) a detailed view of the category changes, this is what I get:

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/sites/default/files/CatUpdates2019.xlsx

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

+All listings are being moved into [Children & YA Fiction - 171219].Action for after 12 June: As a result of this category change, existing item specifics are likely to change. Please update your listings with the new item specifics after the category changes for optimal visibility.  

just as an example ^^

This is what happened last time we had a category change in books  - and every single specific on every one of my listings was deleted.   As you say, it took forever to put them all back in.

Message 21 of 44
Latest reply

....and they put ALL my quilt patterns into Craft - Books - Other??

Sheer laziness!
Message 22 of 44
Latest reply

LOL...just answered a survey on my experience (again).

Has anyone else complained?
Message 23 of 44
Latest reply

Still no updates re new categorisation.

Gotta love the enhanced customer experience goin' on here!

Message 24 of 44
Latest reply

4 days to go ......and zilch!
Message 25 of 44
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
4 days to go ......and zilch!

So still the same as always and you do have to wonder what the staff/tech get paid for when they obviously

can't/wont get it correct and sellers will be left in the dark as always (glad I don't have to rely on anything on

this site to make a living).shok.gif

Message 26 of 44
Latest reply

They seem to have implemented the book changes, and what a dog's breakfast they are.

Instead of subjects, we now have genres. Which, naturally, don't take the information in the subject field as a default.

Plenty of others, especially comics, but that will do to keep me out of mischief for a while.

Message 27 of 44
Latest reply

....am frightened to look

Message 28 of 44
Latest reply

Have to wait for the other half's computer because I can't open it on mine - but my major category is children's books and it seems that there are now only Children's books with two sub-categories - fiction and non-fiction.       Instead of the picture books, etc.

So that's not too bad - better than the last change when they changed all my children's books to Children's Books Other

Message 29 of 44
Latest reply

I have a lot of tweaking to do (in books) and am sweating on the other category changes, that I don't think have happened yet.....link still not working
Message 30 of 44
Latest reply