BIG hint on non paying bidders EXCUSES

All had non paying bidders with all the excuses -sick relative, lost job, marriage breakdown etc etc etc. 

Most sellers seem to except these excuses without checking and just cancel the sale, but these are just usually excuses as they have usually just changed their mind and bought something else.

Spend 1 minute on the adanced tag, put buyer ID in, and look up cpmpleted items they have bid on recently, not  won only as that narrows things down too much. You usually find they have been bidding on other things after the so called 'job loss' etc. And remember they all do not show up on the search! Usually find they have won lots of things recently and yet still have a low feedback result for that time. (And remember not all the completed items show up).Why?? because they have used excuses to the sellers who have accepted it as true. 

It is always surprising the items they have usually bid on. Cannot pay for your little item one day, but next day buy something else.

Wake up sellers, put a did not pay report in, claim the fee back and put a comment in their feedback for other sellers to see. If they have not paid they can not leave you feedback back.

If you can be bothered you can drop a quick email to other buyers that they have bought from, and not left any feedback yet to see if they paid them. No feedback usually means they gave them an excuse and got out of the sale too. Easy to check as you can see what there feedback number is, so even tho ebay ID does not show, the same feedback number does.

Find a quick email to say sorry but I have to put in a report to ebay to get my fees back and you will get a strike against you usually gets results of payment  

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: BIG hint on non paying bidders EXCUSES

We had a ZERO FB score buyer contact us a few weeks back asking if we would do discounts on bulk quantity purchases.

Said she was starting up her own business in kids clothing and would be buying lots from us in the near future.

So we said yes we have quite a few returning customers who buy in bulk and we give good discounts depending on which items and what quantities you want. Let us know what item numbers and how many and we will offer you a good price.

No reply for a few days...

Then she buys just a single qty of the one item she had asked about, but did not pay.

After a few days I sent out a gentle reminder message. She responded saying she would pay next Monday when she gets paid.

So I raised a UID on the Sunday before she said she would pay just in case. 4-days no response no payment. Case closed. Blocked.

So full of s--t you could almost see her eyes turning brown. Not a great way to start out your buying experience on ebay.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

So how would this person's business model work?

You buy at full retail on Ebay, pay for postage or have it included in the cost.

Then you relist it on Ebay and pay for listing and or final value fees and recover another postage cost.

and you think there will be a huge flow of customers. !!!!!!!

My head hurts too much from people like this.

Are people really this stupid. ??????

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

We have a number of returning customers who buy all kinds of flowers, bows etc they use as embellishments on various items they produce themselves. Once they have made up their items, which may include one or more items from us, then they list their items at their prices.

We get good prices from our suppliers in China because we can commit to satisfying their MOQs which can be 1,000's of some product lines. In some cases it might be a minimum dollar spend.

So the customers of ours don't want to buy things in the 1,000's so they are happ to buy 50 or 100 or whatever from us at our discount price which I guess fits their pricing model. And everybody is happy. We are making something on the deal and they must be able to as well.

We have quite a few long term returning customers like this. Works quite well!

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

If they don't pay I do not care what reason the give. I have heard everything from "My child bought it without my permission" to My smartphone pocket dialled and bought it". In the end the clicked on "Confirm Bid". I do not care about how many items they have bought,whether it will impact on their buyer rating. They bought it. For all I know it is a competitor selling the same item, using a different account, in order to get my item off the market to promote theirs. The unpaid item assistant triggers after 4 days. I send the buyer a very polite email requesting payment with an advisory that the UPIA deploys and acts automitacally after 3 days.If they still don't pay I let it do its job.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply