BINโ€™s - time format - free listings ?

Good morning all,

I hope this finds you all healthy and happy ๐Ÿ˜Š.

A few of us โ€˜ole soaksโ€™ got a wee bit adventurous with some lovely Banrock Station far too late last night - the fuzzy wuzzies are just starting to clear a bit. Ah! The things youโ€™ll do in good (bad) company ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. Itโ€™s been lovely.

A quick question...

After about half an hour Iโ€™ve given up with the Seller Centre. Bearing in mind that we arenโ€™t privileged with the 3 pax or so of free re-lists, what is the best approach with BINโ€™s - 30 days, or good til cancelled? Does good til cancelled mean exactly that - no time limit?  I imagine that if I select 30 days, each listing each 30 days will subtract from my 40 free listings, but how is this handled by eBay with good til cancelled format? I think I understand correctly too in that FVF is all that applies to either format provided it is part of the 40 free listings, yes?

If this is all too much this morning, Iโ€™ll understand. Haha!! Perhaps tomorrow then ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Melina.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Good til cancelled means the listing is perpetual, and only ends if the seller cancels the listing, or the item sells. I would recommend GTC for anyone who has consistent, multiple quantities of an item (or items), so that long-term sales history can be built, or anyone for whom the task of manually relisting unsold items every 30 days isn't appealing and / or practical. 

The primary benefit of 30 days over GTC would be the small boost in rankings that a new listing gets - GTC listings can only appear in "newly listed" search order once (they will show up in "ending soonest" when they near the end of the listing duration every month, though), while newly created listings (whether they are completely new, a 'sell similar' or relist) will appear in that search order every time they are re-listed, which can help get eyes on it when people who follow certain categories want to see what's new. 

Otherwise it is much of a muchness. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

GTCs have a duration of 30 days and will use one of your 40 freebies (if you have any, otherwise you will be charged - $1.65 probably) when they cycle through.

They save having to relist every month, but you need to keep on top of how many freebies they are chewing through.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Sadly, I believe Melina opted for a business account and, like me, misses

out on any freebies ebay throws around     bleep.gif      Who knew?

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks Dave And Digi. Very clear.

Toying with the idea of two selling accounts now as opposed to one store.

Yes Stawks, afraid you are right, and who woulda thunk it hey? Somehow too, weโ€™ve been opted in, with our main selling account, to eBay policies. Gotta somehow fix this. Things that move in the night here!

Mel.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Once in, there's no way out, Melina.

If your two accounts are linked, they'll both be business accounts.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Once you sell over a certain figure per year they'll also change you to a business account, or that's what used to happen. There hasn't been much info available for a long time but at once stage it said that if you sell over $12K in a year your account is changed to a business one.

I've seen a few people say they lost auto relists once they sold 10K but when the figure drops again they get the auto relists back.

Can you open a new ID in hubby's name, assuming your current one is in your name (or open one in your name if the current one is in his name)?
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
Once you sell over a certain figure per year they'll also change you to a business account, or that's what used to happen. There hasn't been much info available for a long time but at once stage it said that if you sell over $12K in a year your account is changed to a business one.

I've seen a few people say they lost auto relists once they sold 10K but when the figure drops again they get the auto relists back.

Can you open a new ID in hubby's name, assuming your current one is in your name (or open one in your name if the current one is in his name)?

I never recieved the 3 free relists on our private non store account until we stopped listing new items for several months and sales dropped away to less than 10k. ( annual sales ) At that point we recieved the 3 free relists for several weeks, sales increased and the 3 free relists dissapeared again. That was the first and last time we ever recieved them so it would seem to bear out rabbits comments. The non store account regularly sold over 12k PA but I dont know that it was ever classed as a business account though.

The non store account regularly accessed the 100 free listings offers that where going on a year or two ago and then all of a sudden they stopped for us, when others where getting them. Maybe that is ebays plan, but the result was we turned that account into a basic store in order to get regular reliable listings. It has worked out well as that store now makes very good sales and was not affected by the change from non store account to basic store.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply