Back from the Lismore floods now my payments are on hold!

I Just got my business back on track after our town was washed away, it's been a real challenge!

I've been selling on this site as my source of income since 2008, I had to take 2 months off to regroup. Now I'm being treated like a newbie and the money from my sales are on hold. Apparently selling on this site for years means nothing! I spoke to a CS person yesterday asking why my funds are on hold and was told that while I was away eBay had changed their policy on payments and every sale on ebay worldwide was being paid only when the tracking showed as delivered. I called BS. and asked to speak to a supervisor who told me that the information given to me by the previous CS person was not true and my payments are on hold until I prove myself as a reliable seller.  I repeat. I've been selling on this site since 2008! 

eBay should be celebrating good, long time sellers, not punishing them when things happen out of their control.  

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Keep at them, it took ole mate about 5 chats with an ebay rep with all the excuses under the sun ( that sounds a little like the ones you have received ) before they divulged the info on the copy and paste below found on  a FB sellers group

" I've been on managed payments for a while now with no issues. Weekly payments come through as regular as clockwork. I checked my bank account earlier as I thought it looked a bit low and found my last payment was on the 24th of May.
I had a chat to eBay and it took them ages to work it out. Apparently, there is a glitch that is effecting a lot of sellers.
Hopefully, they sort it out soon.
"My team and I have discovered that there is a technical glitch which has affected many members and we are working to get this resolved as soon as possible. Hence, I am highlighting this issue from my end as well."
TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I just went to the post office to post the parcels, The tracking has been scanned by Australia post, they're in transit and now the hold is saying I'll be paid when the item is delivered.  eBay is the worst run company behind Telstra. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

You seem to have had 164 sales over the last three months, so doubt you are being considered a new seller.

While you were away, did you run up any defects. have you changed bank accounts etc.

Note, under managed payments there are a number of reasons, for payments to be placed on hold, and these can include reasons external to ebay and in some cases it can be illegal for ebay to advise you the reason why.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Account is fine, bank account is fine. No defects, None in the 14 years selling on this site. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

So there were no problems with delivery of the last 164 sales, while you were away.  If that is the case how can they justify  " New Seller"   .  Were transactions refunded,  excessive  refunds can also trigger holds, as can any significant  change in account trading and metric defects.

I know ebay was removing neg FB  and metric defects for members in areas that had been flood affected

But I dont know if the same defects were being removed, or discounted by the payment entity.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply