Being harassed by a scammer constantly.

This guy bought some digital games from me, made claims they were used then changed story to say it was the wrong game (one of them), says the other didn't work. Both games were hidden and brand new in my keylist before I sent them and I could see he redeemed both of the successfully right after I sent them. He opened a claim and lost without refund. Now he still keeps on messaging me asking for a refund. Hes a scammer that lost and won't get over it. I am so sick of this guy please how do I stop him..I now have 2 negative feedback from this guy after 16 years of a perfect account. I provided more evidence in the claim than you could ever hope for that hes a scammer and he still isn't banned or anything. Do something please!!

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Add the member to your BBL and tick the box to block communications.

But seeing as you have been in a transaction it can take some time to come into effect.

In the meantime ignore all comms.

Also chat with eBay to have the negs removed.

Select help at the top and go to chat.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

At the very least I would love if he was blocked from contacting me.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Add the member to your BBL and tick the box to block communications.

But seeing as you have been in a transaction it can take some time to come into effect.

In the meantime ignore all comms.

Also chat with eBay to have the negs removed.

Select help at the top and go to chat.

image host
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for the info, I think I have blocked him now.  I will contact ebay about the feedback tomorrow. Cheers.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

When chatting to ebay re the negs, also raise the issue of harrasment with them.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I would reply to them once, to advise them not to contact you any further - it's likely they will if they are convinced it will get them what they want, but this will only be in your favour when you contact eBay; in addition to (hopefully) removing the feedback, they can also take other actions like sending a warning to the other member, or even suspending their messaging privileges (they will not advise you of any action they have taken, though). 

If the member continues to contact you once eBay has been made fully aware of their behaviour and taken whatever action they deem appropriate at the time, they will (again, hopefully) take even further action if you report them again. 

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Try not to draw eBay's attention to your digital items.

You need to list them in the correct category...everything else>classifieds

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

He has esculated claims with paypal now..guess I will have to do it all again. God help me. Thanks all..will see how it goes. Don't even care about the money honestly, I am done selling these on ebay I will just give them away to friends from now on. Not worth the effort these seem to always draw attention from these scammers. I also only had the listing avaliable to Australia and he somehow bought them when hes in India. 

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

You have to set your preferences to exclude regions you don't post to, not just say you don't post internationally.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Great. Well lesson learned I guess. Won't happen to me again at least. I can't even be bothered contacting ebay about the feedback now, the thought of wasting more time on this and having to explain everything a third time makes me want to hang myself. Wether or not I lose the paypal claim or not hes going to try this again with some other poor person is the sad part. After all the evidence I gave of him clearing lying multiple times and attempting to scam, sending deceitful screen shots etc..the whole thing is abusd. I can't say I didn't try though. 

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply