Best bubble mailer for video games?

Anyone know a good brand of bubble mailers that are durable and reliable for sending video games? If so then what other packaging do you use and do you send it as a large letter? I have tried a Padded Bag PB2 that you buy from the post office but it is too thick to be sent through a letter box with a game inside. (2cm)

These ones look pretty decent:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/25-01-160mm-x-230mm-Bubble-Padded-Bag-Mailer-White-Kraft-Cushioned-Envelo...

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Those are the same as i use for single games, they are strong and lightweight.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Those are the same as i use for single games, they are strong and lightweight.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

ive never sent a game or dvd but i have bought some. i doubt you will find a padded bag that'll be able to post a game/dvd through the post offices slot thing. a dvd case is 15mm thick, a padded bag will add at least 5mm each side making a total of 25mm. unless you crush the case of course.only time ive recieved dvd's under that measurement is when posted in a plain envolope, that makes likely damage during delivery higher with the usual problems that brings the seller.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I have found that padded bags containing video games are too thick to go as a larger letter.   The only way around this, that I know is to use a manila envelope or like an Australia Post tough bag that doesn’t have the bubble wrap lining inside.  Personally I don’t like sending games this way, because they have no protection around them and are easily damaged, plus you don't have a tracking number.

I personally use a small box, put the game in a plastic bag and seal, then some bubble wrap around it, and if need be some paper so the game won’t move around in the box.   You can usually pick up small boxes from places like Bunnings for free, if you don’t have any.  Also if you search “500g satchel boxes” on Ebay you might find something suitable.   This goes as a large parcel for $7.45 or $7.15 if you use the Ebay/Australia Post satchels.   I know it’s around $4.00 to $5.00 more expensive to do it this way, but you have peace of mind with a tracking number, and not the worry of it getting damaged in the mail or the buyer saying they never received it, when they did.

Or you can just give the buyer the option, for example $4.00 postage sent a tough bag; or $8.00 postage (with a tracking number) sent in a box.

I have found that most of my buyers are happy to pay the extra just so they can have a tracking number, especially when the games are expensive.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Aus Post's padded bags are strong, thick and durable, a little heavier in weight, so often they'll be too thick for a large letter. The mailers in the link are good, much lighter and thinner, so it's easier to keep under 20mm (you just don't want to put anything heavy in them, or stuff that could poke through the plastic / paper.

The best protection from games / DVDs is bubble wrap on the inside of the case to fill the void. It's external pressure that pushes the cases inwards that causes most of the transit damage, so stopping that protects them quite well. I actually used to send them with bubble wrap on the inside, thin and light bubblewrap or foam on the outside (cut to just the right size so there'd be no thick and folded bits making the package thicker), then in a tough bag, which is more durable than most padded mailers. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply