Bidders not paying

If we can only leave positive or no feedback as a seller, how do we let the EBay community know who is breaking the rules by not paying? I have a buyer who won my auction, has been with Ebay for a month and has alot of sellers complaining about her not paying.

It really isn't fair. The sellers have little power.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Bidders not paying

Only way is to put them on the BBL and open a case for UID

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Bidders not paying

Bidders not paying

Sellers have all the power when it comes to unpaid items as long as they use those powers. Always go through the unpaid item dispute and have your buyer block  in place which prevents a buyer with more than one unpaid item dispute recorded against their account from buying from you.

How would buyers ghaving negs stop them from buying? Unless you have thge time and inclination to check the feedback of every bidder you would not know they had negs and even if you did that it wouldn't stop them using a last minute snipe or using BIN.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Bidders not paying

@kbeejbee03 wrote:

If we can only leave positive or no feedback as a seller, how do we let the EBay community know who is breaking the rules by not paying? I have a buyer who won my auction, has been with Ebay for a month and has alot of sellers complaining about her not paying.

It really isn't fair. The sellers have little power.

It seems that sellers are breaking the rules and leaving quasi-negative feedback. If you didn't read the buyer's feedback it is hardly the buyer's fault. So what other method of notification are you proposing? Since due diligence doesn't seem to be an option?

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Bidders not paying

I believe she was seeking help, rather than an opinion. Many sellers don't know what to do with problem buyers because ebay's instructions are so unclear. Some sellers don't even know the correct way to use feedback and deal with non-payers, buyers who cancel transactions & Generally rude buyers ...... to reduce the negative impact against good sellers. I myself have learned the most about this by reading these forums.
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Bidders not paying

I have a non-paying bidder right now, oddly enough it's an American account with 1100+ feedback. They won the auction with a single bid on Saturday and haven't responded to any messages, including one about postage costs (it costs more $7.45 to send a game to the US and I updated the invoice to reflect this).
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Bidders not paying

go-tazz
Community Member

Report them via Help & Contact,(at the top of any eBay page).

Include a link to their feedback so they can see straight away what the problem is.

Some of these type of "buyers" have been NARU'd in the last month as it's becoming a serious issue,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Bidders not paying

As others have said, you need to go through a process where you notify ebay that an item has not been paid for. An unpaid items dispute. I think once you open it, the buyer has 4 days in which to pay and if they don't, you need to then finish the dispute & claim your ebay/paypal fees back.

This will make sure you are not out of pocket from the whole exercise and it will give the buyer a strike against their name. Other people won't see it online but if the buyer gets a couple of strikes, they won't be able to buy from a lot of sellers.

That's how you get back at bad buyers, by going into your account and ticking the box to block any bidders who have 2 unpaid item strikes against their name.

Don't give any feedback. You don't want a bad buyer accumulating any positive numbers at all.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Bidders not paying

@springyzone wrote:

As others have said, you need to go through a process where you notify ebay that an item has not been paid for. An unpaid items dispute. I think once you open it, the buyer has 4 days in which to pay and if they don't, you need to then finish the dispute & claim your ebay/paypal fees back.

This will make sure you are not out of pocket from the whole exercise and it will give the buyer a strike against their name. Other people won't see it online but if the buyer gets a couple of strikes, they won't be able to buy from a lot of sellers.

Often, in my wildest and most perverse fantasies, I imagine a system where non-payers are actually penalised by eBay itself and there is a notification against their ID to indicate they are (where applicable) serial non-payers. 

When my fantasies get really out of control, I imagine a system where the funds are just drawn from their accounts if they don't pay within a set time, just like Sellers can have refunds just drawn from their accounts with no right of appeal.

Oh my sick, sick, twisted mind!

(Yup, had a spate of non-payers over the last three weeks and had a gut-full).

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply