Big Commerce and selling on eBay

Hi All

I have a website through Big Commerce. One of their functions is you can list products direct from your website onto eBay. Just looked at an instructional video on it, looks easy enough.

Was just wondering if anyone here is already using this feature, and how you find it ?

Thank You

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Big Commerce and selling on eBay

Hello,

I looked at many different e-commerce type web sites and choose Big Commerce as it was cheap and easy to use. Unfortunately, I got very sick and couldn't proceed but intend to in the new year.

Best wishes

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks Stampingnews. Yes I also went with them, and are very happy with them. Well priced, quick and easy to get set up, customer support so far has been great when I`ve had to use them.

Really interested to know how the interaction with eBay goes though. To be able to just list my stuff once (on the website), click a couple of buttons, and have it also listed on eBay, and sales co-ordinated

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

That's interesting PickaPresent. I'm with Intelliworks Open Stores and latest upgrade this week is the ability to integrate with ebay. I started with the process but then backed out as I got kinda confused and it didn't have the particular options that I wanted 

Think I'll sit on it for a while and see how other guinea pigs fare before I get too excited Woman Indifferent

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

My website operates under Big Commerce. I quite often use the feature to list on ebay.

For me there are a couple of drawbacks.

1. You can only export one photo with your listing. Once item is listed you need to delete that photo and re add as you can't have website supported images as well as ebay images.

2. Once listed you need to go into ebay and edit all listings to attach the correct Business Policy.

3. Big Commerce whacks a logo at the end of all your listings, this creates a problem when you add all your TOS as this comes after the Big commerce logo.

4. I actually have found it easier to list on ebay then dump all the data into a CSV and import into my website.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

just wondering how you find Intelliworks Open Stores,do you get many orders?..........john

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Hi John

Very easy to use (big plus for me Smiley LOL )

My orders are ever increasing - but this is more to do with the 'behind the scenes' work that I put into it rather than just the power of Intelliworks. I pop my business card into all my ebay orders - I'd say about a third of my regular website customers have found me through ebay. I'm also all over social media and advertise in the big craft mags. 

It's basically a big battle to get your website seen, ranking on google, known within your industry, etc, but once people find you, I've had nothing but positive experience with Iintelliworks.

Hope that's helpful

Vera Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

THANKYOU VERA.......JOHN

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply