Bizarre fees on managed payments

I'm getting some bizarre fees, perhaps someone can explain this. I've made two sales in one day to a same client (two transactions). Items were in same category. Ebay charged me 7.3% on one and 11.9% on the other. Am I missing something here or is Ebay screwing me over? Take a look below at the fee statements.
----------------------
Fees based on
AU $53.35
Final Value Fee
-AU $3.89
Variable percentage • Electronics category
Rate for AU $0.00 - AU $4,000.00
7.3%
Final Value Fee
-AU $0.30
-AU $0.30
Per order fixed amount
Total fees
-AU $4.19
GST (10%)
-AU $0.42
Total fees (includes GST)
-AU $4.61
---------------------

Fees based on
AU $66.35
Final Value Fee
-AU $7.90
Variable percentage • Electronics category
Rate for AU $0.00 - AU $4,000.00
11.9%
Final Value Fee
-AU $0.30
-AU $0.30
Per order fixed amount
Total fees
-AU $8.20
GST (10%)
-AU $0.82
Total fees (includes GST)
-AU $9.02
-------------------------

I've been warned that manage payments will attract higher fees but this? What the hell is variable percentage, they charge what they want without specifying how much or what. Looks like having a store is no longer worth it on MP.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Bizarre fees on managed payments

Hi Sugar, as a hint,  the OP  has provided all the info needed to locate their store, in this one thread.

For someone  who carries on about  Managed Payments being a risk to their privacy, they are clueless and may as well put up a big neon sign.

Nothing illegal, no special programs etc, just a few ebay searches with the details openly provided by the  OP.

OH LORD..     THE OP  REALLY SHOULD HAVE JUST ADMITTED  THEY WERE WRONG AGAIN AND ACCEPTED THE REPLY OFFERED BY  JOZTAMPS.....    THEN THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN NO REASON FOR ME TO GO BACK THROUGH THE THREAD TO VERIFY WHO LEFT THE INITIAL REPLY....   BECAUSE THAT WAS WHEN I NOTICED THAT THE OP  LIKES TO PLAY GAMES, COMMENTING AND REPLYING TO HIMSELF.

SO FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO KNOW, IT IS ALL RIGHT HERE.

OP  @   BGW    YOU REALLY ARE AN ABSOLUTE TOSSER

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

Ah yes you are on the ball.

Checked the 2 transactions op is concerned about, as suspected 2 different categories.  1 is Tier 1, one is tier 4.  Thats why the different fee's

Maybe OP needs to be a bit more upfront and open.

Do we assume OP will disappear again for a little while, like they have with other threads when the reality strikes.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

Do we assume OP will disappear again for a little while, like they have with other threads when the reality strikes.

They always do.......

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

All the OP's store listings,  have disappeared, all 393 of them.   Also sold items now show  OP away till 15/11.

I eagerly await his return, in the meantime there is another account that might also be related and I might find a bit of spare time to background.

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

All the OP's store listings,  have disappeared, all 393 of them.   Also sold items now show  OP away till 15/11.

I eagerly await his return, in the meantime there is another account that might also be related and I might find a bit of spare time to background.

Wow they have really disappeared, hope it's nothing we said

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

It must be hard when one's socks get mixed up in the wash

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

Yeah I first thought the store account posting on this thread might have been an accident, but no the deception was intended and then replied to using the OP account.

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

@sandypebbles wrote:

Yeah I first thought the store account posting on this thread might have been an accident, but no the deception was intended and then replied to using the OP account.

They took along their own cheer squad.

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply