Blocked buyer wants to purchase another item.

Last month a customer purchased an item and sent me a very dissatified message about how "cheap and nasty" the product was, and how they could have purchased the same item overseas for 0.99c instead of purchasing it from us for $9.95 with "free postage" ($7.35).

After requesting a photo of the item so I could determine the item's condition, they said they couldn't as they had cleaned it, and their camera could not take a close up of the item's faulty parts. At that time, I was going through some rough family issues, so to keep myself happy, I concluded from their description that it could have been a once off faulty product and refunded their payment fully without anymore questions asked.

I decided then to block them just for peace of mind, not thinking that they would want to purchase from us again. Today I received a message from them that they wanted to purchase an item but they couldn't.

Now, I do believe in second chances, so I am happy to sell to them again. However, this item is also a toughy. It is a nail polish that changes colours in direct sunlight. However I've had quite a few customers not use the item properly, so when it does not work for them, they go straight to the big red button, or PayPal dispute.

I'm very torn on what to do, so I'm wondering whether anyone has been through something simliar or what you would do in this situation?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Blocked buyer wants to purchase another item.

Haha Karma took a huge chunk out of their butt 😉

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

I've unblocked 2 buyers who contacted me who had tried to bid and couldn't because they had UPI strikes. Others that have contacted me, I have checked their feedback and ignored their request. These 2 I feel had legitimate reasons, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. They bought, they paid and they have since bought more.

However, your buyer I wouldn't unblock. They sound like they would happily trash your feedback given half a chance. 

I'm not sure how good the box for not allowing blocked buyers to contact you works because I've had quite a few contact me. Both buyers that have been blocked by my blocks and also ones on my BBL.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

I believe you are just asking for trouble if you unblock and sell to them

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Thank you for all your suggestions! I really appreciate it.

I've decided to just leave it as is and ignore the message. The chances of a new transaction turning sour is looking pretty high. I honestly don't think this account can afford anymore negs/defects..

Their feedback left for others is okay, but not great.. "For anyone interested"

I have had quite a few buyers get automatically blocked for UPI strikes message me. Happily unblocked them and have turned out to be some of my best customers Smiley Happy 

This buyer will just have to buy overseas, or pay double my price from another Aussie seller Smiley LOL 

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Feedback left for others is OK but not great .......................... They are leaving red or grey dots for around 7% of their transactions. Thats one pretty scary customer !!!!

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply