Blocked buyers

I have had a message from someone stating they are blocked from purchasing and could I please allow them to purchase...

I checked buyer requirements and there is nothing there for today or yesterday.  But I have blocked them in my blocked bidders list - I can't remember why, probably was added to the party list on advice of one of these forums.

My question is, this is the first time that I've got evidence of the the party list at work.. is it normal that it doesn't show up in the Buyer Requirements page that they've tried to buy?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Blocked buyers

Apart from the odd one where the message in the log says something like buyer is not in a location you mail to mine always says Too many unpaid item strikes.

I've never seen a message that says buyer is on your blocked buyer list.

***EDIT***

oh and sometimes we see this one

Buyers who have a low feedback score and do not meet the criteria specified

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Blocked buyers

@clarry100 wrote:

Apart from the odd one where the message in the log says something like buyer is not in a location you mail to mine always says Too many unpaid item strikes.

I've never seen a message that says buyer is on your blocked buyer list.

***EDIT***

oh and sometimes we see this one

Buyers who have a low feedback score and do not meet the criteria specified

Same. I've never seen any mention of a party list block in my log either. Interestingly, I have the box ticked so blocked buyers can't contact me, but that must only cover party list blocks because I've had a few buyers with too many strikes contact me via a listing. I only unblocked one of them. He'd had a heart attack and was in hospital for a few weeks and racked up a few too many unpaids. He showed me enough evidence that he was telling the truth. He bought a heap of stuff, paid straight away and has been back several more times since.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Blocked buyers

Same here, I get the Buyers who have a low feedback score and do not meet the criteria specified and I'm always grateful, especially when they are from overseas and they have opened their account that day - they never pay.

I wish I had ticked the box.  I would rather not deal with them at all now I'm not sure what to say.  I might blame it on an ebay glitch and leave it at that - hopefully what they wanted will sell in the meantime.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Blocked buyers

Just ignore them. They will go away.

Once you write respond, they'll write back expecting the "glitch" to clear up at some point.

You are not obliged to respond - you need to look out for your account, not their feelings.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Blocked buyers

I usually can't ignore inquiries, but in cases like this I like to give as little opportunity for a "but what if..." response, so usually just say "unfortunately, it's not possible for [brief allusion to whatever they're asking for that I don't want to do, eg in this instance "alter eBay's settings"], my apologies for any disappointment." No further explanations, or blame on anything that sounds like it can be fixed 😄 (if you tell them it's an eBay glitch, they might be insistent enough to contact eBay CS and report /complain about it etc). 

I've found that if someone has at any point in time made a purchase from me then gone on the BBL, theblock on messaging doesn't work at all. 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Blocked buyers

I recently had one from the BBL contact me and want to buy. I ignored his message and he went away. Just checked my buyers activity logs and it is not showing up.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Blocked buyers

If you do decide to unblock someone dont tell them they were blocked. call it an ebay glitch and that you will refresh the listing or something, unblock, and advise to try again. telling someone they have been blocked is like a red rag for payback, which is a possibility given there was probably a reason top block them in the first place.

Alternatively dont unblock. Itsnot just about loosing a potential sale it is about potentially regretting it.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Blocked buyers

Thank you all for your input.  I have decided to leave it alone at the moment. The problem is I got in a conversation with them before I knew they were blocked cos they were asking a couple of reasonable questions.  I was so surprised that it doesn't show in the Log. I know this item is going to sell, agree the potential repercussions just aren't worth it in just trying to make it quick.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply