Brother QL 570 and aust post

Does anyone else use this printer for thier labels. I have been using this printer for over 8 years and never had a problem. A couple of months ago I started getting DL envelopes I send returned to me from the Perth Mail Center. Not just a couple but over 30. Oz post said it was the font I was using so I changed it  ..then they came up with other **bleep** and I finally called the ombudsman on them and all was good ..... for a while. Last week I had 2 envelopes marked return to sender from the Perth mail center.

They suggested I start hand writting my address labels . Seriously !   Now they think the labels have a shine on them that is confussing there multi million dollar sorting machines. 

Just curious if anyone else has had problems using this printer and labels. I use the same labels on large letters and parcels with no problems. I also send a couple of hundred DL envelopes a month and its only like 1 % of them come back.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Brother QL 570 and aust post

Sticks I have one of these and there has never been a problem.

I use the 62mm tape with the address details printed across the width with font size being automatic.

The tape I use is aftermarket bought on eBay from seller bestdealsoz:

DK22205-BROTHER-COMPATIBLE-CONTINUOUS-LABELS-62m

My font is Arial and my line layout is:

1. Name

2. Street

3. Suburb/Town

4. State and Postcode

Font size is automatic but usually between 18 and 24 and my finished labels are usually 62mm x 35mm (or thereabouts)

I will abbreviate the title of long state names like New South Wales to NSW 2XXX in order to keep the font size up.

I mainly do this for the postie who will manually organise his run.

Sometimes if I have a really long hyphenated name the font size will shrink considerably but I've never encountered a problem with that.

I'm in Qld and use 2 different sorting centres but both have been fine with these labels and their structure.

(One is the state gateway so I would imagine they have pretty much the latest gear)

My volume runs to the high thousands to all states so I think if there was a problem I'd have found it.

All I can suggest is that you take a sample to your local PO Shop (definitely not an LPO) and go over the issue with the postmaster.

They will be able to kick the issue up through the chain of command until it hits someone who may be able spot an issue.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Yup that is exactly what I do. I have the tech boys and girls at Aust post working on this - they dont want the ombudsmun over them again. 

Thanks for the reply ! I appreciate your time. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Sounds like Aus Post auto detect system failed on their end but rather than processing it manually they returned it back to you. I use the same printer as well and have been fine thus far. I do have some sent back to me when a customer wants to return and I notice that my address labels are faded out by the time it is returned back to me as well.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@ourphonecase wrote:
Sounds like Aus Post auto detect system failed on their end but rather than processing it manually they returned it back to you. I use the same printer as well and have been fine thus far. I do have some sent back to me when a customer wants to return and I notice that my address labels are faded out by the time it is returned back to me as well.

The fading sounds a bit odd.

I use mine for stickers in-house and I have some that are a few years old now that display no sign of fading.

Maybe your returns had a fair bit of UV exposure?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply