Bulk Editing Buyer Requirements Is It Possible?

Hi all I set up this account a few months ago and have been getting bombarded with messages the Buyers wish to buy other items listed but get told that they are restricted to buying 1 item. I looked at buyer Requirments and noticed The following settings..

Have a feedback score equal to or lower than -1
Have bid on or bought my items in the last 10 days and have met my limit of 1

Now I never set this up like this and have manually been going through and revising them. Is there anyway of editing them in bulk?

Thank You

Paddy

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I'm not sure what you mean by revising them manually, unless you mean you're advising each buyer separately that you've changed your buyer requirements.  Have you actually changed your buyer requirements yet?  If you have, I'd imagine that should allow them all to buy extra items, though you'd still have to advise most of them to have another try.  Someone else may know if you can contact people in bulk but I'd be surprised if you can do it.

If you're going through the list of people who've been blocked and then exempting them from your buyer requirements, it'd be easier to just revise your requirements and then ask one or two people to try again so you can see whether it's worked.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

To select buyer requirements for all your listings:

1. Go to My eBay.
  2. Click the Account tab, and then click the Site Preferences link in the left navigation.

3.   In the Selling Preferences section, scroll to Buyer requirements, and then click the Show link.

4.  Click the Edit 

5.  On the Buyer Requirements page, select your requirements (down the bottom of this it has a box to tick) - apply above settings to all active & future listings.

6.   Click the Submit button to save your requirements.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences > Buyer Requirements, and edit. These are global settings that are supposed to apply to all listings unless changed on individual listings. 

You can adjust the setting there (as a sidenote, blocking buyers with unpaid item strikes is a good one to have).

The new settings should apply to all future listings, but even though eBay say they apply the settings to existing listings, more often than not, they don't.

Unfortunately, while there are bulk editing options via Selling Manager, buyer requirements aren't one of them, so you'll probably still have to go through each listing to double-check that the new settings have been applied, and revise each one that hasn't. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply