A bidder has been bidding on items & not following through

A bidder has been bidding on items & not following through with the purchases. Three different sellers have not had any any reply from them. They purchased an item from me, sent me an email in relation to the invoice I sent, but they have not made further contact. Why can't a negative feedback be left for such users?
It is frustrating to have such users on ebay. Next the sellers have to go through the process of cancelling the transaction & recouping the commission.
What action can be taken agains users like this?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

If you open unpaid cases then the account is issued with strikes and they won't be able to bid or buy from sellers with blocks in place.

Suggest you set blocks if you haven't already.

image host
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

WOW, 3 feedback, 3 non payments. Could be having issues with the payment process, but it doesn't excuse the lack of communication. As mentioned, open an unpaid item dispute so the buyer gets a strike when you close it 4 days later. Make sure you have buyer requirement blocks in place to block non payers.

You can't name and shame on the forums, so don''t be alarmed when the mods edit your post.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

82 purchases in last 60 days and only 3 non payment feedback ..... speaks for itself really

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

they have been bidding up big

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

I think maybe they're bidding on the same sort of thing all at once.

I gave up after I counted 15 glass- topped coffe tables and dining tables.

They're so shiny new, they don't know you shouldn't do that.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

or a serial pest in a new dress....

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

mad rush to BBL's 😄

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

The first false positive was a glass top coffee table. That seller only has 1 feedback. Probably doesn't know about opening an UPI. $99 that one went for. It's almost tempting to send that seller a message so she can get her fees back. Nearly $10 for nothing doesn't seem fair.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply