payment not showing

Hi.. Customer purchased from me but had to wait for E cheque to clear..I got no notification from either Ebay nor PP that the payment has actually landed in my account 2 days ago..Customer wants his item...My question is , why is it that the cash is in my PP account yet it is still showing the hour glass on my dashboard and I cant change it.. Even when I print the lable out, it is still at the houreglass stage ...Thank You..

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

payment not showing

@peppers-tree wrote:

Hi.. Customer purchased from me but had to wait for E cheque to clear..I got no notification from either Ebay nor PP that the payment has actually landed in my account 2 days ago..Customer wants his item...My question is , why is it that the cash is in my PP account yet it is still showing the hour glass on my dashboard and I cant change it.. Even when I print the lable out, it is still at the houreglass stage ...Thank You..

I've had this bug before and I think it's random in nature.

I thought they'd fixed it as I hadn't encountered the issue for a few months.

This would indicate it will probably never be fixed.

When waiting for an eCheque it's probably best to manually check your PP account before doing your daily post.

You will not be able to manually update the sale as paid but you can mark it as posted.

You can then archive the transaction to get it out of your unpaid items list.

(I'd leave it in there though until you're sure the sale has completed satisfactorily - maybe 30 days?).

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

payment not showing

There is a broken link between ebay and paypal. I had an issue recently where I refunded excess postage to a buyer. It went through paypal but didn't show up in ebay for me to print out on the packing slip. I contacted ebay and paypal and ebay got back to me. The apologised for the issued and admitted that there is a problem.

I would contact ebay yourself and get confirmation in writing so that you are covered by ebay (for sending an unpaid item - even though it has been paid for) should there be an issue down the track.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

payment not showing

Thank you so much for your replies. I feel so much better now that I know it is just a glitch..I will report it to Ebay and inform the customer thzat all is well. And , yes, in future I will check PP manually with an Echeque..

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply