Bulk ending of listings - HELP!!

5kazam
Community Member

Got a call back from eBay re bulk ending my listings.  Advised to go to 'Active Selling' tick on the ones I wanted to end, then press 'END'.

But it didn't work. (in red) We are unable to process your request (or similar wording).

Did I do something wrong?  Is there a limit to how many can be ended at one time?

I'm only wanting to end them as I'm moving house, and need to pack everything in boxes. Not much point in having listings at the moment, as I would have no intention of going through all the boxes to find something if it sold.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The advise from CS is the correct process. I use it quite regularly as described. At times I have had a pop up red message which says something like " we are unable to process this request at the moment. Please try again later or contact CS if the problem continues" . this usually signifies a glitch in the system. Often re-trying the same procedure immediately allows the process to proceed. At other times I may have to wait a number of hours before re-trying the action with success. My advice. - try again later.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for that. I'll try again soon - been a couple of hours now.

I really wasn't looking forward to ending 120 listings one at a time.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I was able to bulk end my BIN listings.  The auction ones I had to do one by one.

But I had to laugh/get angry.  In between all this I got a 7 day suspension for allegedly trying to sell outside eBay.  A large 2 piece wall unit.  My next call back from eBay told me they are getting a lot of complaints from sellers over this sort of issue, ie where prospective purchasers really need to see whatever before they commit to buy, but eBay are getting tough on this.

The laugh was because I was ending all my listings anyway.  So boohoo eBay.

The get angry was because I have never done eBay out of any $ they were entitled to.  

Obviously eBay are desperate for every dollar they can get their little hands on.  Oh dear the word I used here starting with W and ending in ers was not allowed. 

I was told their new policy is that no-one can have any contact (other than pristine messages) prior to actually buying something. My potential purchaser had sent me his mobile in a message - which the bots allowed through.  

Strangely enough, I intend to buy something which required a technical answer that a keyboard probably couldn't deal with, so put my mobile number for an easier explanation.  Message not allowed.

There is an old saying about 'the devil you know'......but I'm thinking this one is sharpening its teeth.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

My 'Oh dear....' sentence was because I wasn't allowed to use a particular word.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I've had to end all my listings several times. BIN can be done in bulk, auctions I've only been able to do them 1 by 1, which is a real pain.

I'm actually thinking about turning messaging off for buyers. I've already had 1 warning, then next one won;t be so nice. It seems that buyers can't even contact you these days to ask a question without the bouncers coming down heavy on you.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply