Buyer Address

Hi,

I recently sold something on eBay. Got paid by paypal. Address says Melbourne, 3199, however a postcode search shows 3199 as Frankston/ Frankston South/ Karingal to mention a few. This is around 50 kms from CBD, I am not sure how to address parcel. I have asked buyer for his suburb but of course this breaks paypals rules on addressing a parcel. Can you please advice what to do.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Buyer Address

If they paid by payal then post to the address as seen on the PP payment.

Go by the postcode. And that is Frankston's postcode.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. I guess I will write Frankston 3199 Melbourne Vic.......

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Frankston is an outer suburb of melbourne now.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Sometimes in Click & Send if a postcode/suburb dont match, i google their address and see what comes up either the postcode or suburb

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Unfortunately, the waywe complete addresses when we open ebay/paypal accounts does not match our Aussie format. 

When you open an account, and you complete both suburb and city details, (for mine it was YARRAVILLE and MELBOURNE) this this creates a problem later down the track when accessing addresses for post.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I had one the other day that C&S wouldn't accept. They used a postcode of xx67 instead of xx66. The address was a business, so I got the correct postcode from their website.

I'd like to see them claim INR on that one.

As a general rule, if they put the City in the suburb address, I just copy the suburb into the correct field. If they don't put a suburb and C&S won't let the transaction through, I google the street and postcode.

Whilst Paypal might take exception to that, I am sure the ombudsman would see things my (and AP's) way.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply