Buyer - Stop Blaming The Sellers!

Why is it that a buyer will buyer an item, make no contact whatsoever, and then get mad when a non-payment dispute is open?

Honestly, sometimes sellers just can't win.

I added information in my "terms" stating I won't write to buyers after 4 days of non payment because a buyer knows they need to pay and because eBay remind them so that's sufficient notice before a dispute is opened, YET I still do send a quick message telling a buyer if they need more time, just let me know. Communication is key!

If I hear nothing, a dispute is opened.

Once it's opened, they usually pay but are then mad at me. I got my first neutral for "slow postage" recently, because my buyer was annoyed about a dispute being opened and I've had several buyers before and since really mad about me opening a dispute.

Buyers, please just COMMUNICATE with us. We don't know you need more time. We don't know your intentions. We don't know anything if you don't tell us.

What's worse, these buyers who don't let us know what's going on, have no problem using the eBay message system to show their opinions of us once a dispute is opened.

It's infuriating!

Doesn’t expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Message 1 of 61
Latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Well said to both above.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 61
Latest reply

I had one buyer get narky with me after opening a dispute - went real quiet after I messaged back and explained a few things, though (never left me any FB).

Since then, I've used a generic message (saved to a doc) that I copy/paste, worded somewhat carefully, and haven't had a single buyer get up in arms about a dispute. :8}

(The main things I say are I haven't received your payment yet, rather than you haven't paid, and instead of asking for payment, I ask them to let me know how they'd like to proceed with the transaction).

Still, I agree with all sentiments in this thread.

Message 3 of 61
Latest reply

opened a dispute the other day, on the 3rd day the buyer says they will pay money order sent express:^O shouldve received it by now - another strike coming up!

Signatures suck.
Message 4 of 61
Latest reply

They buyer who left me a neutral messaged me after I opened a dispute, completely infuriated that I had the audacity to open that dispute.

She was angry I didn't have the courtesy to message her asking when she was going to make payment. 😐

If only she'd messaged me within the first 5 days I wouldn't have needed to open it in the first place. No matter how I explained that, she just didn't "get it".

Then I get a neut for slow postage lol.

It happens all the time. I have another angry buyer at the moment who also didn't pay or make contact within 5 days. Didn't answer my "do you require more time?" email. I just end up shaking my head because what else can we do?

Message 5 of 61
Latest reply

i saw your follow up to the nuet feedback am1, which indicates the buyer was slow to pay. If the buyer paid sooner then their purchase wouldve arrived sooner lol

I reckon the neut score can be removed if you give ebay all the facts 

Signatures suck.
Message 6 of 61
Latest reply

I spoke with eBay on Live Chat (useless I know) who told me I couldn't have it removed as it was how the buyer "felt".

I was going to call them, and honestly just couldn't be bothered. If it was a neg I would have, but it's only a neutral so I'm not really concerned.

and lol Joz, exactly!

Message 7 of 61
Latest reply

I reckon the neut score can be removed if you give ebay all the facts 

I would not bother; it shows that the buyer is at fault, and the seller is  professional.  The one neutral would not put me off, if anything the reply would give confidence to buy.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 8 of 61
Latest reply

Thanks Super Nova.

Message 9 of 61
Latest reply

itwas my understanding a buyer had 8 days to pay

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 10 of 61
Latest reply