Buyer - Stop Blaming The Sellers!

Why is it that a buyer will buyer an item, make no contact whatsoever, and then get mad when a non-payment dispute is open?

Honestly, sometimes sellers just can't win.

I added information in my "terms" stating I won't write to buyers after 4 days of non payment because a buyer knows they need to pay and because eBay remind them so that's sufficient notice before a dispute is opened, YET I still do send a quick message telling a buyer if they need more time, just let me know. Communication is key!

If I hear nothing, a dispute is opened.

Once it's opened, they usually pay but are then mad at me. I got my first neutral for "slow postage" recently, because my buyer was annoyed about a dispute being opened and I've had several buyers before and since really mad about me opening a dispute.

Buyers, please just COMMUNICATE with us. We don't know you need more time. We don't know your intentions. We don't know anything if you don't tell us.

What's worse, these buyers who don't let us know what's going on, have no problem using the eBay message system to show their opinions of us once a dispute is opened.

It's infuriating!

Doesn’t expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Message 1 of 61
Latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Buyer - Stop Blaming The Sellers!

forgot to add,
explain that apart from a mutual cancellation, the only way we sellers can get the 10% odd FVF fees returned from ebay is to lodge a non paying buyers dispute.
We hate to do it but have no option really if there is no communication from the buyer.
Many newer ebayers and perhaps a lot of long time buyers probably dont know this.
Message 61 of 61
Latest reply