Buyer address glitch

Good morning,

I have a buyer with a weird glitch.

She is in Australia, but when she goes to pay, it says I "will not post to her address".

She's getting frustrated because she can't pay for the item.

Between her and myself we can't figure out why she is getting the error.

Her address is not a PO Box, but that wouldn't matter as I post to them anyway.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Buyer address glitch

is she sure she is logged in to ebay.com.au when hitting the pay now button (rather than ebay.com) ?

Has got her postcode entered correctly?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Buyer address glitch

this is a glitch that used to happen a lot last year.    Mostly it seemed to be on calculated postage - the ebay postage thingy couldn't handle cubing.

As a quick solution, you could send her an invoice through paypal.    You should have her email address in your own ISP messages?  Paypal will still offer her paypal protection.

Another glitch is if the buyer is using a mobile phone or tablet.    If she gets to a normal computer, it might work?

Has the buyer already bought the item?    Have you sent her an ebay invoice?

Just to be clear, is it a BIN item?    Make sure she is not using the cart.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Buyer address glitch

I get this all too frequently - it's a bug with eBay, and occurs mostly when the last item available in a listing is sold, but the out of stock feature is being used, so the listing remains active with 0 quantity, for some reason eBay can no longer seem to pull the postage data on an active item with 0 available, and it affects the last sale unless the buyer uses the cart (or you have combined postage discounts and there are other items in the order).

You can override it by sending a new invoice, a couple of times the buyer has said it didn't work, but then as soon as I suggest sending an independent invoice via PayPal, they figure out how to pay via eBay. o.O 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Buyer address glitch

Thanks Digital - that exactly what happened - it was the last item with the OOS feature being used.

I will follow your suggestion and try send a new invoice.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Buyer address glitch

@digital*ghost wrote:

I get this all too frequently - it's a bug with eBay, and occurs mostly when the last item available in a listing is sold, but the out of stock feature is being used, so the listing remains active with 0 quantity, for some reason eBay can no longer seem to pull the postage data on an active item with 0 available, and it affects the last sale unless the buyer uses the cart (or you have combined postage discounts and there are other items in the order).

You can override it by sending a new invoice, a couple of times the buyer has said it didn't work, but then as soon as I suggest sending an independent invoice via PayPal, they figure out how to pay via eBay. o.O 

You have nailed it!!  I am up to 10 examples of this glitch and several lost sales.  eBay think its only via the phone ap and possibly where buyers have the ap set to a country that is not Australia.  I love the out of stock feature but will disable it if they don't fix this soon.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Buyer address glitch

Hi,

I have this problem as well, it has been happening for over a year. Just recently more often. I am having up to 10 unpaid items on my account at any one time. As soon as I clear them out more build up. I don't know if it is because of the mobile app problem or people are just slak with paying.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Buyer address glitch

This problem is driving me crazy!!  Always last item sold in a multiple GTC listing.  The workaround for buyers is to pay via ebay.com.au rather than the mobile ap, and eBay also say that the bug is fixed with the latest version of the ap (I can't confirm).  The problem is some buyers want to cancel the sale once they can't immediately pay, or go buy from someone else. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply