Buyer complaint as no charger included

usmas_3
Community Member

Hello,

To keep it short I recently sold a MacBook. The description was used and all the pictures had only the MacBook in it, there was also no mention of me sending it in the original box but I did anyways as I couldn't find a suitable box to post it in.

Here is the description as follows: 

Very good cosmetic condition, little to no marks/scratches (See pictures).
Free clear hard shell case cover included
Fully working though it can randomly lose charge as the battery needs replacing.

If you have any questions please ask, I will take reasonable offers too.
Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

I ended up selling it ยฃ40 cheaper via best offer.

A couple days later the buyer messages me asking if I had included a charger, to which i responded no. They then replied saying that when you buy a laptop you presume that everything comes with it, and they first wanted a reimbursement (in spite of the discount already),  but a couple of back and forth later they now will be making a complaint.

Am I in the wrong here? 

Though I should have put no charger included now that I look back on it, in my defence I have advertised it as a used laptop and that is exactly what they have received. 

It can't be my fault the buyer presumed it came with everything as there was no mention of it, and no mention of it being boxed, even in the pictures. 

Ive never dealt with an eBay complaint before so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Buyer complaint as no charger included

Given the OP is in the UK I doubt the ACCC is relevant

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply