Buyer dispute for partial refund

I'm in the middle of a dispute with a buyer for one of my items on ebay.

I sold her an item which she's not completely satisfied with. She says that the item doesn't match the description because I left out some details (not intentionally) of a component that's slightly loose and isn't aligned with the other 2 components on the item.

She wants to get the item repaired by a third party, and wants me to split the cost of the repair. I have an issue with this because:
1. I don't think the repair cost is fair (quite an expensive repair for a small issue), and she's not showing my any proof of actual repair cost
2. Item in my mind is in working condition – the defects are cosmetic, not functional
3. Because of the above 2 points, I cannot guarantee that she won't just take my money, and not repair it at all

My very FIRST reaction to her was to offer a full refund, and for her to send the item back to me. However, she is refusing to do so, giving me excuses that it's undue hassle for all parties involved, etc etc.

But I'm firm in my stance of taking the item back so that I can expect the faults myself and repair at my own cost, but she's now calling me stubborn for not budging on that stance.

Am I in the wrong? If she lodges a dispute with ebay will I get ripped off this buyer?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Answers to your two questions...

1.No

2.Possibly.

Your only response should be... Return for Refund...rinse & repeat if necessary...no further communication.

If the buyer opens a case then accept the return & provide a label...no refund without return...no further communication.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

If what you've said is accurate, you're not in the wrong. As advised above, let your buyer know that a return and refund is the only option you will entertain.

She's feeding you BS regarding a return being undue hassle - check her feedback for evidence of causing trouble for other sellers, particularly feedback she's left.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply